News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi Chicks Other Mopars

Started by 426HemiChick, March 30, 2021, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

Quote from: 426HemiChick on May 03, 2021, 12:39:06 AM
Quote from: HANDM on April 22, 2021, 10:49:22 AM
WOW! That's probably the cleanest fender tag I've ever seen....
One day I'll see it in person :cheers:

Hi Frank,                02 May 2021

Yes, and you'll get to drive it as well; we're looking forward to that day.

Best Always

Dena and Christine

Wow!
Now that's a sure fire way to get me down there sooner rather than later!
Looking forward to it!

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                  04 May 2021

If anyone needs the services of a company that transports valuable Autos here is a recommendation:

Broker:

Athena's Auto Movers

954-892-6905

She only uses transporters that have fully covered hard side Auto Transport Trailers; fully vets them. They must have impeccable records.

She connected us up with CT Lee Transport out of Grantsburg Wisconsin and driver Scott Lee. Scott has hauled everything from UPS doubles, Minuteman ICBM's and transported Autos all across North America. He arrived on time for the pickup and on time for the drop off.

Scott was extremely helpful in assisting us in staging the cars for loading. Since only one of our cars was drivable, he physically helped us push the other three cars up the incline from the garage to the road and over to his transport.

The trip from Southlake Texas to Laveen Arizona (our official home) was 1060 miles.

Hope you find this helpful. We only make a recommendation when the product is top notch. Athena, CT Lee Transport and Scott Lee exceeded our requirements and expectations.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Update:                    14 May 2021

Been spending a lot of time in the garage repacking all the parts we shipped to Texas 42 years ago. With the cars out of the garage and in Phoenix, we now have room to work. The lighting inside was abysmal, one screw-in bulb socket. Thought we found a solution at Home Depot in the way of a LED Garage light that has three wing-like LED adjustable panels that put out 6000 lumens, just what we needed.

Bought one and installed it. Problem solved for the sum of $35.98. Installing it took about the same amount of effort as screwing in a light bulb. Worked fine . . . . for about 5 days then one panel croaked, taking 33% of the light with it.

Dena came up with a great solution; we bought 3 twin-light sockets for $14.97 and then bought a box of four 100 Watt replacement LED bulbs for $13.78. These bulbs produce a total of 6800 lumens, consume a total of 52 watts of power, are maintainable, expandable, and produce a better distribution of light than the fancy unit, which we returned to Home DePot.

Sure is a lot easier to work in the garage now what with an abundance of light. We have found most everything that the RR and SB need to get back to drivable condition.

Still looking for the Hemi PCV valves and their housings. As we are down to a couple unopened heavy crates, our hope of finding them is diminishing, though we are not giving up looking.

We'll post a couple photos of the light fixture Dena came up within the next couple days.

Our 09 Ram PU's A/C wasn't functioning very well. Took it to the local Dodge dealer. So far we are not happy with the way things have progressed. They promised it would be finished Wednesday of this week. This one day job has morphed into 5 days.

Take Care Folks.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                 15 May 2021

Three items to report:

1. 2009 Ram PU now has functioning A/C. High Pressure and Suction lines replaced due to the Schrader Valves leaking. One can no longer just replace the valve; replaced the Condenser and the Expansion valve. Took 5 days and too much green. At least they washed the truck before returning it.

2. As mentioned in the post above Dena came up with an easy and inexpensive, $28.75 substitute for the $35 LED garage light from Home DePot. The photo of it is attached to this post. Yes that's the trashed out ceiling of the garage here in Southlake. Once everything is out of here it will be scraped off the lot and sent to the land fill. Will be glad to see it "went." Tried to take a photo with the lights on, total washout. Take our word for it, it works like a champ.

3. Christine managed to get her right index finger stuck in a dogs mouth (not ours) that clamped down on the tip sending one of its teeth through the nail and into the flesh underneath. Emergency visit, wound cleansed and dressed, Tetanus injection administered and prescription for antibiotic meds.

Lesson learned: Keep ones paws away from animal jaws, they can wreck havoc.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   15 May 2021

Just in case anyone is interested, we have a 1987 Mustang LX Notch-Back, Black, Gray Cloth Interior, Police version, 5.0 V8, 5 SPD, 000003.1 miles on the clock, never titled, never licensed, never driven on the highway. It's on a MCO.

It's in Phoenix, AZ, spent all its life in Southlake TX until recently (about 2 weeks ago) when we shipped it home to Dena's shop. If interested PM us.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   17 May 2021

We have a question or two we would appreciate your help with. When we are finished with the relocation to Phoenix, we are planning on starting to work on the 87 Mustang first as it should require the least effort to get up and running. Soon thereafter the 69 1/2 Super Bee 6-Pack. We need information we believe you can help us with.

As we mentioned in other posts we had about 5 miles on the SB's clock when the engine went south. Our best guess is our engine was built during a shift change or a rest break. Whatever the reason was, the bolts holding the Rocker Shaft on the passenger side for cylinders 6 and 8 were not torqued or even tightened.

When the car hit about 5 miles, it started to run rough and valve noise became quite evident; within a couple seconds we shut the engine down. Had it towed back to the dealer, "splained" the situation to them and left the car there for warranty repair.

Returned the next morning and was there when the "mechanic" pulled the rocker/valve-cover. It was quite evident what had happened; the bolts holding the rocker shaft had backed out enough to allow the pushrods to pop out. The result was four valves bent, rocker shaft suspect. They said they'd fix it. At that point I thought they would fix it and do it right. Little did I know. . . .

About a week later the car was ready and it seemed to run well. Did notice a dent in the top of the right front fender where someone set the head on it end wise. Right away we had the feeling that an incompetent jerk worked on it; who else would they have assigned to do "Warranty" work.

The car ran well until it had about 50 miles on it then It would  develop a terrible miss. Pulled the plugs on the suspect cylinders: They were fouled worse than we had ever seen. Cleaned, gapped, reinstalled. Went another 50 miles with the same result.

Pulled the rocker cover, started the engine. It was now obvious what was wrong, the bosses for the four valve guides were broken and were riding on the valve stems; the seals were of no use at all. There was no point in returning it to the dealer, they had proven to be incompetent.

Pulled the engine and disassembled it. The head was a wreck, four valves gone; ordered new head and valve train. By the time the parts arrived it was time to pickle everything as I was headed back to Japan for a "looong" stint.

Interruption for Question Here:

We have the new head and valves the dealer supplied. We have the feeling they ordered a standard 440 head and valves. We know the heads on the 69 1/2 440-6 were special as well as the valves. Does anyone know how to ID the 69 1/2 440-6 heads and valves? Guess we could compare the new head with the one original we have. Also would like to know what the PN is of the cam used in this engine. What we want to do is restore the engine as close to original as possible. We would appreciate your input. As for replacement valves would HP Stainless valves be OK or should we stick to the factory valves?

End Question

This all occurred around August 1969, both the RR and SB went into long term storage. Made it back to the US in late June 72; was too lazy to work on the two cars but wanted a Hemi for an everyday driver. Started looking around the country and found a few in places like Chicago and LA. Hopped on a few flights and only found run out junk. Figured if I would have to rebuild the car, might as well rebuild our own.

Decided to see a friend I had known since 1943 when we were both kids. He and his dad worked for the Chrysler Plymouth dealer in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Paid Jerry Grimm a visit. He told us about a Vitamin C 70 Hemi Cuda 4-spd owned by a UPS driver that he thought wanted to sell it. Talked to the guy; he wasn't sure he wanted to sell just yet. Gave him our number and asked him to call us if and when he wanted to sell.

In the mean time thought a Harley would be a good addition to the stable. Looking around for one when my buddy Tom found a Hemi Daytona in the Akron Beacon Journal. Bought it the same day he found it. It turned out to be the best car we have ever owned.

After buying the Daytona we decided to go have a look at a new Harley. Left the house, locked the door then heard the phone ring. Something made us answer it. It was the UPS driver wanting to know if we were still interested in his Hemi Cuda. Said yes if the price hadn't changed.

Dropped the Harley Idea and bought the Cuda. Turns out it was a sorry piece of crap. Drove horribly and ran likewise.

Will have to say it was a cool looking machine but, that didn't compensate for the lousy handling, poor running Hemi, abysmal racket from the engine when on a long voyage and the uncomfortable seating. The back seat was a joke, only there for insurance purposes; a four passenger gets a better rate than a two. Needless to say, it didn't get much usage and we were glad to sell it in 75. Today, we wish we would have kept it. "Hindsight, who would have "Thunk It!!!"

Currently unpacking the stuff we packaged up 52 years ago, sorting through it and repackaging it and cataloging it for when I get home to Phoenix so we can reassemble the cars.

Here's the current plan: Get the 87 Mustang Police car up and running, cleaned up and the few cosmetic imperfections corrected then put it up For-Sale. Next, get the SB 6-Pack back to as delivered condition; needs a little work cosmetically, engine returned to original stock condition. Once done we'll probably put it up For-Sale.

Last but not least, the 68 Hemi RR will be completely redone. Complete repaint in the SB's R4 Bright Red, Complete redo of the interior with Real Leather. We have decided it will cost more to rebuild the original 426 Hemi to stock than what a new Hemi crate engine costs, so that's the direction we plan to go for the RR. The original Hemi has had too many mods to take it back to original. Just not feasible as mentioned in a previous post where I stated I ground the serial numbers off the engine and transmission and altered the casting date on the Hemi block in 1969. Yes, I regret what I did, which at the time seemed meaningless. Funny how time changes one's perspective.

Hopefully, the relocation project will move along faster now that we have the whole Southlake garage to use as a staging area. Also have to keep my grubby paws out of other people's Dog's mouths.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hope we didn't bore you with this long post. Please take care, stay safe and healthy.

God Bless You all.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                       18 May 2021

Did find the build-sheet; it looks like starving bugs made a banquet of it. It's very fragile and difficult to read. Will see what we can do. Maybe we'll be lucky and find another when we remove the interior. It was out once in 1968, which is when this relic was first found.

The odd thing is the build sheet was in with lots of other paper and it's the only one eaten up. Must be something in the paper that bugs like.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Good Evening Folks,                    06 June 2021

Thought it was about time to post photos of the cars in their new home in Laveen (Phoenix) Arizona. It's three miles from our home and an easy 10 min commute.  The Interceptor is in the garage at the house. The cars are still dirty, didn't get a chance to clean them up before transporting them to their new digs.

The RR and SB are sharing space with a couple of Dena's antique cars and the Stang is in the shop area sitting next to Dena's Mother's Custom Street Rod. The cars are in good company and in the best home they have ever had.

Working on getting my ass out of Texas and moved home to Laveen, a small town inside Phoenix, which is close to Sky Harbor Airport; kind of handy.

Had no idea how much stuff had been accumulated during the 42 years we have had this place. I keep finding things I forgot we had. Just wish a couple gold bullion bars were amongst the "foundings."

Once the packing is finished it'll be "Homeward Bound" with Texas in the Rear View Mirror.

We have four photos for you this post. There'll be more once the move is complete.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

426HemiChick

Quote from: cdr on June 08, 2021, 03:47:58 PM
nice cars  :cheers:

Hi Charlie,               09 June 2021

We thank You very much. We have read your posts and seen your Charger. What a beautiful car; like we have mentioned in other posts, the Chargers are the most beautiful cars to ever hit the highways, bar none. Their design is classic and timeless; owning our DC was a great honor, we had her 48 years. We miss her but, she now has a loving parent that takes very good care of her.

Take Care Charlie, Thanks Again.

Best Always, God Bless.

Dena and Christine

v21hemicharger

Legendary Motorcars has a 12000 Mile 5.0 for sale at $29k.  Says they are going up for nice original cars.  Here's a vidoe from a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlpNsmcjnls

cdr

Quote from: 426HemiChick on June 09, 2021, 02:09:54 AM
Quote from: cdr on June 08, 2021, 03:47:58 PM
nice cars  :cheers:

Hi Charlie,               09 June 2021

We thank You very much. We have read your posts and seen your Charger. What a beautiful car; like we have mentioned in other posts, the Chargers are the most beautiful cars to ever hit the highways, bar none. Their design is classic and timeless; owning our DC was a great honor, we had her 48 years. We miss her but, she now has a loving parent that takes very good care of her.

Take Care Charlie, Thanks Again.

Best Always, God Bless.

Dena and Christine

Thank you !!!! sorry Y'all left Texas, been here all my life, very glad for the GREAT home for the Daytona, My Charger has saved my life, due to health reasons I had to retire early as a mechanic, working on the Charger when I am having a fair day has kept me from giving up on life, my 1st car was a 68 Charger in the late 70's, my 3rd car was a White 69 Bee, 383 auto,,,, Cancer & Multiple Sclerosis is an EVIL thing to deal with,  Thanks again for the compliment on my Charger , Bless Y'all :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

426HemiChick

Quote from: cdr on June 09, 2021, 11:42:08 AM

Thank you !!!! sorry Y'all left Texas, been here all my life, very glad for the GREAT home for the Daytona, My Charger has saved my life, due to health reasons I had to retire early as a mechanic, working on the Charger when I am having a fair day has kept me from giving up on life, my 1st car was a 68 Charger in the late 70's, my 3rd car was a White 69 Bee, 383 auto,,,, Cancer & Multiple Sclerosis is an EVIL thing to deal with,  Thanks again for the compliment on my Charger , Bless Y'all :)

Hi Charlie,                    11 June 2021

God Bless You too Charlie. We've read your story and know you are fighting one of the toughest battles there is. The fact that you keep fighting and living life as best that you can is a testament to a Great Man and is an Inspiration to the rest of us.

We "Ain't" left Texas yet. This relocation is bigger than we had anticipated. It is moving along, but not as rapidly as we would like. It will get done and when we look back it will seem kind of trivial.

Please take care of yourself; . . . .  we know you will. We will keep you in our prayers Charlie. You have all our Love and Respect, Thank You for being YOU.

Best Always

Dena and Christine - The 426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                03 July 2021

Getting close to making a shipment to Phoenix. We have a 26 foot U-Haul box truck reserved for two weeks beginning 23 July. Plans have been to finish loading the container and have CoolBox come pick it up and ship it to Phoenix ASAP. We have been calling them for three days and they have yet to or will not answer their phones. All we get are long hours of tedium and boredom listening to their crappy "elevator Music" along with the message: "We'll be right with you." What's that supposed to mean?

We made a decision last night that we are going to unload their container, try to call them to inform them we are sending a registered letter Canceling our contract with them and ordering them to immediately remove their container from our property. After mulling the current situation over, we came to the conclusion they are not trustworthy and we do not want to take the chance on our stuff disappearing never to be found. We have a massive amount of car parts that would be impossible to replace and they have a measly insurance policy (extra cost) limiting their liability to $15K. That is a paltry sum relative to the potential loss.

One of the things we have learned is that when you have a feeling something is wrong, something IS wrong and you need to listen to your gut and take appropriate action. We are not going to risk doing business with these folks. Just glad we discovered their problem before their problem became our problem.

Hopefully, this won't have much affect on our arrival home date.  Have a couple calls to make today and we should have everything in place. Will update this thread when things are cast in concrete.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   04 July 2021

Happy 4th of July everyone!

The following really belongs in the post that precedes this.

The shipping container folks have yet to answer their phones; Tuesday will be the end of the road for Cool Box storage as far as we are concerned. Unpacking the container will take a couple days. As soon as the container is empty, the Registered letter severing our relationship will be sent Overnight Registered Mail.

Please be careful if you contract with any of these shipping concerns. When we first contacted them the phones were answered within a couple rings. Since then, we have yet to speak to anyone, Dead or Alive.

So far what we have spent on the container isn't a total waste, we did need a place to put the stuff we are packing, so it has come in handy. We don't feel they are to be trusted at this point regardless of their excuses. The auto parts are just too valuable.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                    05 July 2021

Finally someone answered the phone today. They denied they weren't answering their phones. I can't believe we could have been the only ones experiencing the problem. We even used two different phones with different numbers simultaneously and at separate times. We know BS when confronted with it.

Starting to unpack the container. When it comes time to load the truck we are going to hire a crew to repack it into the rental truck. Will guess maybe 4 hours time. With only us doing it, 4 days minimum.

Ain't moving FUN !!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

Well that sucks hard, hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on in  :2thumbs:

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on July 06, 2021, 07:30:31 PM
Well that sucks hard, hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on in  :2thumbs:

Hi Frank,                 06 July 2021

You're Correct on that. I'm not sure I experienced stuff like this even a couple years ago. Something has happened to our society and I think I know what it is, just not for this thread or even this site.

We'll get through it. just may cause a few extra days but that's better than having all our car stuff lost. If that happened I'd really be pissed at myself for letting them handle it after what happened.

One good thing is there is significant interest in our property here in Southlake TX. Last we heard values have risen 41% since the first of the year. Not a good sign for the economy in general. Fortunately we have our property in Phoenix, our house and the Dogs' House.

Hopefully this will be resolved completely by end of July 2021.

Take Care Frank, hope we get to see you folks this summer . . . . In Phoenix!!!

Best Always

Dena and Christine

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                25 July 2021

Good news, we have a contract for our property here in Southlake and Scott Lee of CT Lee Transport, who transported our cars to Phoenix, will be here in August to transport our belongings to Phoenix.

Scott has a new rig, Tractor and Trailer, that he is bringing here to load with our stuff and transport it to Phoenix. We should be there mid August. Lots of work to do in the interim to finish things here so we are ready to go when Scott arrives in 3 weeks.

If you need your Pride and Joy transported anywhere in CONUS, give Curt Lee owner of CT Lee Transport and Scott's Brother, a call at:  (715) 529-5337. They are headquartered in Grantsburg WI 54840, mail PO Box 508.

Lots to do; back later.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                    15 August 2021

Just a quick update. Last month we tried to contact "Cool Box Storage" to have our loaded container shipped home to Arizona. Spent a week and a half calling and no one answered. Got concerned that they may be in financial trouble or some other disaster.

Decided we had too much at stake continuing with them. Unloaded the container into the garage. Finally got someone to answer the phone. Got a BS answer as to why no answer. Tried calling again, same result. Long story short, we told them to come and get the container off our property. They came yesterday, learned they are having management issues.

At the present time it looks like Scott will be here with his new rig 06 September 21. Have offers on the Texas property, just have to make the decision as to which offer is the all around best.

Still have a lot of packing to do. Dealing with large items now. Our buddy Randy came over Saturday and helped get the 440-6 block off the engine stand and onto something that will make moving it easy. Randy came up with an idea to use one of the car skates as a platform and dolly for the block. We slipped a piece of 5/8" plywood between the sides of the skate and put the block and its crank onto the skate. Used one with steel wheels which is easier to roll with a heavy load. Have banding equipment which we'll use to secure the engine to the dolly. Sure beats moving it around on the engine stand.

Have the Hemi block to do next. It's still in the crate the movers put it in 42 years ago. Will mount it to one of the other skates.

Hope to be home in Phoenix mid September. The house is pretty much ready, need to have the carpet removed (BRs and LR) and replaced with tile. Do not like carpet that can't be thrown into a washing machine. W-to-W is not sanitary, gets filthy over time and carpet cleaning can only remove visible soil. Ever look under WW carpet after it has been subjected to 5 - 10 years of use? It's filthy no matter how many times its been cleaned.

The reality is we are one year behind our original plan. This will be our last move and once done we plan to put the cars back together, sell the Mustang and the Super Bee and use the Road Runner as our drivable local Drive-in, car show, street racer queen.

So that's the plan, subject to change at a moments whim.

Take care.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                16 August 2021

Still working at getting everything ready for the big day when we head home to Phoenix for good. Here's the latest update on our revised schedule. We are negotiating the sale of our property here in Southlake Texas. We don't have a firm date on closing so we talked to Scott Lee, our great friend who is going to transport all our stuff home.

To make sure the closing is complete and everything is ready to be loaded into Scotts new Rig, we changed the loading date to Tuesday 14 September 2021. A few more days here will give us a chance to spend some quality time with all our friends. They are a marvelous bunch and have helped us immensely over the years we have known them. We'll miss them but know they will come out to visit us when they have the chance; they are always welcome.

The shipping container was emptied over a 3 day period, the contents stored in the garage. Finishing up packing the large and heavy engine components. Our friend Randy is an A&P aircraft mechanic, came up with an easy way to transport our 440-6 block and its crank. Crank is installed in the block which is resting on a cut piece of 5/8" plywood on a car skate with steel wheels. Unbelievable how easy it is to move it around. It will be secured so it won't come off the skate during shipment.

We used a company called "Cool Box Storage" which we wouldn't use again if the service was free. We lost faith and trust in them.

Getting late, time to crash for the night.

Take Care.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

taxspeaker

Well it's good to read the progress and see that at least the RoadRunner made it to Arizona. Hopefully the next batch of pictures will have a SuperBee in them too. That RoadRunner cleaned up real well from last time I saw it too Christine! I checked the boxes with your stuff in them-they are sitting right next to the Daytona-the transmission, distributor, plug wires, wheel chocks, hemi carbs, furniture magazines and a few other odds and ends are all awaiting your visit to Indiana someday. They are not in the way, so whenever it occurs is fine.

I finally got the last issue corrected on the Hemi Daytona-a vacuum issue that kept me perplexed, but it now runs great, and it stays suspended on the lift about 1" off the floor on the old tires. It is supposed to go up to the MCACN show in November in Chicago. When I drove it to the show 3 weeks ago nobody would believe it got driven there, but then they were meant to be enjoyed.

\Thinking about a road trip to San Diego in January with my Alaska Highway Bird-wanted to this last January but that virus thing stopped it. Will stop in Phoenix if I do-might even bring those parts if there's room!

Good luck with the move, work has kept me away from this site a lot for the last few months so it took a while to catch up to everyone's posts.

426HemiChick

Hi Bob,                   04 September 2019

Thanks for the update on your Daytona, she was always a great running "Speed-Machine." She's the only car I trusted at 140 mph. Have driven our Interceptor that fast during a few chases (all won), but never had the same faith I had in the Daytona while going that fast.

We have rescheduled our departure from TX to our home in Phoenix. All four cars are already there, the RR, SB and Stang are in Dena's shop, the Interceptor is home in the garage. Current plans, subject to change w/o notice as has been the case all along, is Tuesday 28 September 21. Scott, our Guardian Angel, is bringing his new car hauler rig and we are going to load it up with everything and head home. That's the plan. Still lots of stuff to pack. Right now I am in the process of constructing crates for the RR and SB's precious parts. I have a problem building crates for their components. When the crates are completed they look like furniture and will withstand an atomic blast. Needless to say, lots of time spent building them. I need to start working 24 x 7 (won't happen) like I used to do. For some reason, can no longer do that. Hmm?

Looks like the property here in TX has a buyer, just need to get the paperwork from the Atty. next week. Really looking forward to getting home.

By January, we should have the new digs finished inside. Half the house is carpeted, the remainder tile. We're going to have the carpet removed and replaced with tile. The previous owners smoked like Coal Furnaces from the 40's. We had the carpets and tile floors cleaned and the house painted in and out. Still has a tiny bit of the cigarette odor. Most people probably wouldn't notice but I will. The carpet's going. The only carpet we want is carpet we can throw in our Washer.

Hopefully we'll have everything finished when you come to Phoenix. You are welcome to stay with us. We have a lot of room. Dena, the pups and I only use two of the bedrooms. We have a couple extra for friends so you are welcome.

Scott will be here in January during the Barrett Jackson Auction with his new rig. If you know anyone that has a car or cars they need transported, have them contact CT Lee Transport , PO Box 508 Grantsburg, Wisconsin 54840,  Off: 715 - 529 - 5337, Fax: 715 - 463 - 5337. MC# 792551, DOT 2321662.

Gotta get back to the garage and get this stuff packed, Be glad when the whole move has been completed. We are looking forward to that day.

Suggestion for anyone approaching the age of 70: Downsize before you hit your 80's. 80 doesn't move as fast and well as 70 or less. Also, stay Healthy.

Take care Bob, thanks for the update.

Best Always

Dena and Christine the 426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Update:                 09 September 21

Good news, Scott went to Michigan to pick up an APU for his new Semi; in the process he offered to drive down to Bob's place and pick up our RR parts saving us the trip. This added about 500 miles to Scott's trip and at least 8 hours of driving. Out of the blue he offered to do this for us. He's going to bring the RR components with him when he comes here on the 28th.

We have met some really fine folks here on this site and now have some new and very special friends, for which we are very grateful. You are a fine group.

Time to get back to making nuclear blast proof crates for the engine components. Believe it or not, plans are to use some of the crates as furniture.

Take care folks.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Latest Update:           11 October 2021

Like I have said, our move date "ain't" cast in concrete. Now there's no scheduled date. Setting dates hasn't worked so here's the new plan sans dates.

We are going to work on the packing and having everything staged and ready to load into Scott's new truck and trailer. When we reach that point we will call Scott and he will set the date when he can be here. Once that's done we will close on this property and head to Phoenix when Scott arrives.

We have a load of pallets coming today, a large appliance hand truck to go along with the slick pallet jack that arrived Friday. We are well equipped to handle the big stuff.

Getting too old to do all the heavy lifting and moving by pure grunt work. There are mechanical contraptions available that make this easier, so we decided to indulge ourselves.

Once we're done with the move we can use these tools in the shop, a win, win.

For those of you that may not have read all our posts, we are going to repeat our plug for Scott Lee who transported our four cars to Phoenix in April of this year and who is going to move our belongings to Phoenix as soon as we can get everything ready. Scott Drives his own rig for his brother Curt Lee who owns CT Lee Transport. They transport cars all over the US. They have an impeccable record and reputation. You can contact them here:

CT Lee Transport
PO Box 508
Grantsburg, Wisconsin 54840

(715) 529-5337 (o)
(715) 463-5337 (fax)

MC# 792551   DOT# 2321662

EDIT 12 October 2021:

CT Lee Transport only uses hard sided fully enclosed Transports to keep your precious cars safe.

There's another company we have been doing business with for a good while called ULINE. They are Shipping Supply Specialists. They have large warehouses strategically located throughout the US, Mexico and Canada. Visit their web site: uline.com or call them (800) 295 5510. Your call will be answered by a REAL person. They are courteous, knowledgeable and will answer the phone before it completes a full ring.

There you have it folks. We only recommend folks and businesses we know first hand are excellent people and businesses.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks