News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 - Panel above glove box removal

Started by Armycopter, April 04, 2021, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armycopter

Can anyone describe how to remove the ralley dash panel that is located above the glove box? I bought a new one and want to replace mine but there are no obvious screws like the gauge panel or the radio panel. I see that it attaches from the rear but there is no way I can snake my hand up behind the glove box. Thank you.
1969 Charger

Kern Dog

Take the glove box out.
That pebble textured panel has pegs that fit through holes in the dash frame. On the other side, the pegs are secured using thin sheet metal speed nuts.

Armycopter

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 05, 2021, 12:04:45 AM
Take the glove box out.
That pebble textured panel has pegs that fit through holes in the dash frame. On the other side, the pegs are secured using thin sheet metal speed nuts.

Thank you for the response. Ok so take out the glovebox cardboard insert? Sorry for the stupid questions but do I need to take the whole door mechanism off as well? Thank you.
1969 Charger