News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garbage or damaged Daytona nose?

Started by manimal, April 05, 2021, 08:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manimal

This may seem like an odd request, but I'm looking to see if anyone has any "bad" Dayclona parts they might want to sell. I have a Post-Apocalyptic "daytona" (Janak wing) and I've been toying around with changing the front end to look more "factory" but it'd fit the aesthetic if it was damaged already. Think Mad Max but not in Australia.

Obviously I'm not going to spend a ton of money on a nice nose and destroy it but maybe someone has one already wrecked that's just sitting there. Bent, cracked, chunks missing... it's all good to me. I've attached pics of my car for reference.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

Here you go, Perfect for your Car. :scratchchin:

manimal

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 06, 2021, 04:47:07 PM

Actually yeah... although being metal it's probably way outside my price range (if it were really for sale). The prices people are demanding for rusted shells these days absolutely hurts my soul.

Still, if that's really yours and you want to throw a number at me, feel free to PM.  :cheers:

Thanks,
Chris

xx29440charger

Your car is f-ing bad ass! If I had that car I would totally make it into a road warrior car! For me it needs some flat black! I would have to watch The Road warrior a couple of times to get some ideas..

Old Moparz

Offhand, the least expensive nose cone I can think of is made by a fiberglass parts company out of Canada called "Showcars Parts Unlimited" in Toronto. From what others posted in the past it's not the greatest for fit & finish. Doesn't matter, with an apocalyptical Daytona, you can just pretend that nuclear fallout altered it.  :lol:

Cool car you have.  :cheers:

Link to Showcars Parts That Almost Fit For Budget Conscious Folks & Cheap Sons of Bitches
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RiverRaider

Cool car!
Check out performance bodies https://www.performancebodies.com/ With some creative graphic decals there dirt late model dirt car noses and fenders could be made to look like a warrior Daytona.
Even the dirt Modified narrow wedge might fit the look.  If that look fits check out the local dirt tracks in you area there should be some racer with an old nose laying around that you could pick
up for little or nothing.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: manimal on April 06, 2021, 06:46:07 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 06, 2021, 04:47:07 PM

Actually yeah... although being metal it's probably way outside my price range (if it were really for sale). The prices people are demanding for rusted shells these days absolutely hurts my soul.

Still, if that's really yours and you want to throw a number at me, feel free to PM.  :cheers:

Thanks,
Chris

Not mine, Someone else posted that in here recently. :shruggy:

Not mine, Someone else posted that in here recently.

manimal

Great responses - I really appreciate the feedback and the kind comments!!

Quote from: xx29440charger on April 06, 2021, 07:17:46 PM
Your car is f-ing bad ass! If I had that car I would totally make it into a road warrior car! For me it needs some flat black! I would have to watch The Road warrior a couple of times to get some ideas..

One of the reasons I left it yellow is to stand out against all of the flat black cars at Wasteland Weekend. I think I have the only yellow car at the event and because the paint is only on the back half, faded and beat up, it fits right in.

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 07, 2021, 01:52:09 PM
Offhand, the least expensive nose cone I can think of is made by a fiberglass parts company out of Canada called "Showcars Parts Unlimited" in Toronto. From what others posted in the past it's not the greatest for fit & finish. Doesn't matter, with an apocalyptical Daytona, you can just pretend that nuclear fallout altered it.  :lol:

Cool car you have.  :cheers:

Link to Showcars Parts That Almost Fit For Budget Conscious Folks & Cheap Sons of Bitches

I had seen their ads, the complaints about them, and had the same idea...

Quote from: RiverRaider on April 07, 2021, 04:12:32 PM
Cool car!
Check out performance bodies https://www.performancebodies.com/ With some creative graphic decals there dirt late model dirt car noses and fenders could be made to look like a warrior Daytona.
Even the dirt Modified narrow wedge might fit the look.  If that look fits check out the local dirt tracks in you area there should be some racer with an old nose laying around that you could pick
up for little or nothing.

Interesting idea - I hadn't thought about chasing down dirt track parts... any kind of wedge nose gives the basic idea. My friend had a spare Mad Max 1 nose lying around so I set it on the front of the Daytona and even it looked pretty awesome. Somewhere I had a picture but now I can't find it.