News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen a Charger 500 or Daytona $250k or less for sale?

Started by Sean, April 14, 2021, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

moparstuart

A buddy of mine on Face Book Michael Laiserin  he's in arizona owns a body shop.  When i met him he was on Long island NY  i bought my convertible from him almost 30 years ago  .

Anyways he mentioned the other day he might be selling his 500  .     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Sean

Quote from: moparstuart on April 14, 2021, 02:54:36 PM
A buddy of mine on Face Book Michael Laiserin  he's in arizona owns a body shop.  When i met him he was on Long island NY  i bought my convertible from him almost 30 years ago  .

Thank you, I sent him a message

69_500

I have tried to send him an invite to the 500 owners group there on Facebook, no response yet. You might give him a shout Stu.

ACUDANUT

Charger 500's are not hard to find. Goggle 1970 Charger 500...

70 sublime

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 18, 2021, 11:50:45 AM

Being he asked in the aero section one would assume he was talking about 1969 Chargers
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on April 17, 2021, 10:27:40 PM
A buddy of mine on Face Book Michael Laiserin  he's in arizona owns a body shop.  When i met him he was on Long island NY  i bought my convertible from him almost 30 years ago  .

Anyways he mentioned the other day he might be selling his 500  .    

I have tried to send him an invite to the 500 owners group there on Facebook, no response yet. You might give him a shout Stu.
will do  , here is the birdable when he owned it on Long Island 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Sean

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 18, 2021, 11:50:45 AM

I'm talking about a '69

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aerolith

Hi Sean, your 'avatar' all though funny its a bit scary, what would have happened if the Wing had broken?

if it was a modern picture I would say it was 'photoshopped' but that looks 'mighty real' to me! (Sylvester).

Anyways, back in the early 2000's I went looking for a Charger project, in Cali, as my lifelong ambition to find a Daytona was 'over' for me.

Then a real nice chap, who was living in his car (a 68 428CJ Cougar convert) in a parking lot in LA said to me.
''Hi Guys, are you Limeys over here looking for a cars to buy''
''Yes we replied'' and he pointed to a chap just going into workshop unit.
He called out to him, ''these limeys want to buy Mopars and you've got loads''.

So the chap says ''yes I have a few and they is Chargers''...WOW...
There I was looking at one of them (getting ready for paint) and my knowledgeable friend said ''Hey thats a 69-500''.
To which the chap said, ''YES indeed'' its nice to know that limeys know about this stuff... :2thumbs:

Anyways he had TWO C500's, one ready for paint and the other totally original and untouched from new!
We asked the chap if he would sell either of them and he said ''No Way, do you know how rare they is''?

So we said ''can't be that rare'' we just saw a Hemi C500 about a mile away in a showroom for $70,000 doh.

Then we was at the Spring Fling in 2004 and there was one for sale there too for $30,000, but needed everything so 'common as muck'lol... :slap: :smilielol: :nana:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

OOPS forgot to say, the Chap sold us BOTH the C500's and they are here in the UK!

But due to unforeseen circumstances (life and Covid) I have recently sold mine to a fellow Moparman here in the UK... :pity:
I didn't advertise it but I mentioned my situation, on here (DC.com) and to fellows in the UK and one of them, 'stumped up the cash'.
Some folks did contact me via DC.com but I think 'they thought' it was 'some sort of joke'... :shruggy:

Its all about timing in life, 'right place, right time', so the 'Last 440ci 4-speed Dana, C-500' built, is staying in the UK for now.

I was going to advertise it for sale and thought 'SHE' would go back to sunny Cali of Florida where 'SHE' came from. (some car guys hate the word SHE lol)

Good luck in your search and 'if its meant to be' then it will happen for you... :pity: :pity: :pity: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ps I spoke to the other English-chap who has an auto C-500, and asked him ''would you sell yours''?

His reply was ''I'm gonna be buried in mine'', to which I replied ''you stole that 'stupid quote' off me, as I said that first'',,, looks like my dream ain't coming true now... :slap: :shruggy: :'(

Found this in the door of my ex C-500, it reads Charger 500 4-speed $5000 firm! (wonder how old it is?)
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

cudavic

Quote from: aerolith on May 05, 2021, 03:35:50 AM
Hi Sean, your 'avatar' all though funny its a bit scary, what would have happened if the Wing had broken?

The Daytona and Superbird wings are incredibly strong, they may not look like they are, but they are.

DonC1

Quote from: aerolith on May 05, 2021, 03:35:50 AM

if it was a modern picture I would say it was 'photoshopped' but that looks 'mighty real' to me! (Sylvester).

Anyways, back in the early 2000's I went looking for a Charger project, in Cali, as my lifelong ambition to find a Daytona was 'over' for me.

Then a real nice chap, who was living in his car (a 68 428CJ Cougar convert) in a parking lot in LA said to me.
''Hi Guys, are you Limeys over here looking for a cars to buy''
''Yes we replied'' and he pointed to a chap just going into workshop unit.
He called out to him, ''these limeys want to buy Mopars and you've got loads''.

So the chap says ''yes I have a few and they is Chargers''...WOW...
There I was looking at one of them (getting ready for paint) and my knowledgeable friend said ''Hey thats a 69-500''.
To which the chap said, ''YES indeed'' its nice to know that limeys know about this stuff... :2thumbs:

Anyways he had TWO C500's, one ready for paint and the other totally original and untouched from new!
We asked the chap if he would sell either of them and he said ''No Way, do you know how rare they is''?

So we said ''can't be that rare'' we just saw a Hemi C500 about a mile away in a showroom for $70,000 doh.

Then we was at the Spring Fling in 2004 and there was one for sale there too for $30,000, but needed everything so 'common as muck'lol... :slap: :smilielol: :nana:
l
I remember a Latino guy in Santa Monica/Venice area of LA had a 69 500 ...mid 80's, jacked up air shocks..the works, metalic bronze, black stripe, looked to be original paint.

wyliemn71

Anything in specific you wanna find in a 500? options, color?

Sean

aerolith

Gotta be a 4-speed and a DANA (and F8 green) 'of course'... :smilielol: :sick: :blahblah:

Can't you ask them folks to get down now please Sean??? :angelwing: :angelwing: :angelwing:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Stevetona

hemi-hampton

ACUDANUT

No. Unless, you are you building this to making this to making a new speed record.

Sean

AZMoparMike

Quote from: Sean on April 14, 2021, 02:57:59 PM

Sean,  If you haven't got a hold of Michael yet, let me know as i talk to him a few days a week and I know his 1969 500.

wyliemn71

Sean

Quote from: AZMoparMike on May 17, 2021, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: Sean on April 14, 2021, 02:57:59 PM

Sean,  If you haven't got a hold of Michael yet, let me know as i talk to him a few days a week and I know his 1969 500.

Thanks Mike, never heard from him. Let me know about his C500 when you get a chance. Thanks