News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Charger Question

Started by gsmopar, April 14, 2021, 03:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsmopar

What is the panel that is between the grill and radiator support and are reproductions available?

Capture by Greg Ault, on Flickr

moparstuart

latch tray   and yes they are out there in steel and fiber glass 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kern Dog

That looks like it is more for cooling than anything else. The radiator grilles were tiny in the Daytona models so they needed to direct air through the radiator core instead of over it.

gsmopar

Quote from: moparstuart on April 14, 2021, 04:55:39 PM
latch tray   and yes they are out there in steel and fiber glass 

Thank you!

Do any of the board sponsors sell them?  Just want to give my $$ to the right people.

held1823

forget fiberglass

this is where i purchased the one on my car

http://ricksparts.net/

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

gsmopar

Thanks everyone!  I ordered a fiberglass repop made in USA on EBay.  Just wanting to direct some air and clean up the engine compartment on my old pig.  Said that it will be here in May.  Pics to follow when I get done.

cdr

Quote from: gsmopar on April 14, 2021, 09:47:39 PM
Thanks everyone!  I ordered a fiberglass repop made in USA on EBay.  Just wanting to direct some air and clean up the engine compartment on my old pig.  Said that it will be here in May.  Pics to follow when I get done.

Do you have a link, I made mine out of plastic, it looks kinda crappy I never thought of using a Daytona tray, good call !!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

gsmopar

Quote from: cdr on April 15, 2021, 10:41:18 AM

Do you have a link, I made mine out of plastic, it looks kinda crappy I never thought of using a Daytona tray, good call !!!!

Sure!  I figure that my time is worth something.  I didn't want to have hours into something trying to get metal to match the contour of the factory pan.  The daytona pan seems like an "easy button."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-Showcars-Hood-Latch-Tray/112334077586?fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ACharger%7CSubmodel%3ADaytona%7CMake%3ADodge&hash=item1a27a1fe92:g:YgkAAOSw6aVUobjx

A383Wing

Showcars is not in the USA.....and his quality of workmanship and business ethics are and have been quite "questionable"

Many peo0le that I have talked with that have purchased his parts have said that they are junk.....

Bryan

gsmopar

Uggg.   I looked at a few.  I need to figure out which one was the USA made.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: gsmopar on April 14, 2021, 03:17:37 PM
What is the panel that is between the grill and radiator support and are reproductions available?

What year Charger are you working on?

Is it a Daytona or a Daytona clone?

If it's not  a Daytona using a latch tray from one will require modifications.

Lots of modifications.

What is your goal with this project?

gsmopar

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 16, 2021, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: gsmopar on April 14, 2021, 03:17:37 PM

What year Charger are you working on?

Is it a Daytona or a Daytona clone?

If it's not  a Daytona using a latch tray from one will require modifications.

Lots of modifications.

What is your goal with this project?

Non-Daytona, Pro-Street car.  Just looking to force some air through the radiator and clean up the engine compartment.  I'm fairly handy with fiberglass, just wanted a good starting point. My hood is a pin on and I don't need to worry about the factory latches and springs. 

Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE