News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this right

Started by remta1, April 19, 2021, 02:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

Looking for advice on this , looking at this to buy the owner had the boot replaced and a new one piece boot has been installed.
Not to sure if they undid the stitching or welds on the rear deck boot latch support or whether the just took a grinder down both sides and just cut it out and welded it back on and painted it .
I don't have a complete pic to view wher the deck lid latch meets the guards to tell can anyone help sort of putting me off otherwise or am I just being to fussy as car has very little rust otherwise.
Cheers

Kern Dog

Boot? Is that the same thing as a "Trunk Floor?

The trunk pan rests on a ledge where the trunk latch is. You can edge weld the trunk pan there OR drill holes in the trunk pan and weld through the holes to simulate a spot-weld.
Check out what I did in THIS thread on page 12.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,136013.275.html

remta1

Nice job , I wish they had of done it like you did instead of taking the whole back off to fit the new trunk floor in one piece..that's what is annoying me if it's normal then that's ok  ...yeah we call a trunk floor a boot floor in New Zealand ...

Kern Dog

Boot/trunk...Okay, I get it.
The one piece trunk floor pan is too wide to get through the opening so, yes....The taillight panel has to come out to install them.