News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replacement 2 speed windshield wiper motor

Started by Kern Dog, April 20, 2021, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Ginger has S L O W wipers and needs a new WW motor.
I tried one I had in the shed...it looked nice but once it was hooked up, I hear the motor spinning but the wipers do NOT move!
I need a replacement. I may switch to the cool 3 speed unit later but for now, I just want the wipers to work.
Rock Auto has 2 units listed but I like to buy local.
Who has had luck with their local parts stores?

Kern Dog

I've found that these don't seem to fail very often. I posted this question elsewhere and barely got any responses.
I swapped another one in that I had that looked real nice. The motor made noise but the output didn't move. The bracket that attaches to the stud on the back just stayed still.
I looked at my original again. I thought that maybe then ballast resistor on it could be to blame so I swapped another one on the wiper motor and connected the wiring. It seemed to work fine, so I sandblasted the thing, painted it then reassembled it all. It is back in and working great!

funknut

Kern Dog

Everyone loves a "low dollar" fix but it still makes me wonder what was actually wrong. Was it the resistor? Did I just have a poor wire connection?   :brickwall:

birdsandbees

Probably the kick you have her in the assglass....  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487