News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear body harness question

Started by rikubot, April 25, 2021, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

I'm going to re-make my rear body harness with new wire. I noticed the wiring diagram says 18g for all wires but my harness which I believe to be original looks like it has a lot of 16g and possibly some 14g. Any advice is appreciated and I am not sure how I'm going to do the bullet tips and a couple of the terminals that are molded in rubber. Thanks in advance.
- Mike
'69 Charger, 440/727

armor64

I don't know about wire gauge as I never had a piece of factory wiring in my basket case, but I know American Autowire has the in-socket bullet ends. both on my AAW B-Body kit and the universal terminal kit I have; had both in abundance. I don't know if its the factory style ones or not, but every single terminal and wire worked perfectly so far.

rikubot

Thanks armor64 that is very helpful. I did a quick glance at the site and found the terminals that contact the tail light bulbs for a very reasonable price. I haven't been able to find those very many places where you're paying $20 for ten after shipping.
'69 Charger, 440/727