News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Conditioning help...it's serviced but blows hot, where do I start?

Started by AKcharger, April 28, 2021, 10:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

what is your radiator fan set up ? if its not getting good air flow across the condenser it can cause the clutch to slip, BUT you would see pressures on the AC gauges in the 300 + range.the test is while its running put a fan in front of the car
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

AKcharger

- Nacho I'll clean it up a bit this winter so no wires everywhere
- CDR original factory set up, 26 inch radiator, shroud and flex fan..no cooling issues

AKcharger

UPDATE- EVERYTHING is at Original Air group in Tampa for complete rebuild, Expect to have it reinstalled mid june

AKcharger

final update, everything in and working good. One note is the "clutch issue" was back after system warmed up...I was Furious!! well checked everything contacted Original Air and the Shop that did the evac and servicing and was at my wits end. then I noticed the belts. while tight they did "bounce" a bit while running. Anyway I SMOKED those belts down and....No clutch issue...wonder if that was the problem all along lol!

AKcharger

Long-term update...System still working flawlessly. WOW! re-reading this thread I did a LOT! anyway, it's working Great, only thing I have to work is the drain line from the box is leaking on the carpet so need to seal it. Otherwise this is the way to go on your original A/C