News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Vent Window for B-Bodies

Started by mike337, May 09, 2021, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

Anyone out there ordered the repopped vent window assemblies for their car? Looking at them to replace the pitted chrome ones on my Charger, and curious what anyone thinks of the quality and fit.

Mike

mopar4don

Mike DC

Aftermarket chromed resto parts have a bad reputation for getting chalky within a couple years.  There's probably no way to know about that issue yet.  

doctor4766

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 10, 2021, 11:28:51 AM

Aftermarket chromed resto parts have a bad reputation for getting chalky within a couple years.  There's probably no way to know about that issue yet.  

Agreed. I had my vent window frames rechromed 10-12 years ago and the finish has lasted much better than the new repro rear vision mirrors that I bought around the same time.
Gotta love a '69

BlueSS454

I put a set in mine.  Didn't have any real issues installing them to speak of.  I would have preferred to have had the original redone but the work they needed, plus time and money they were going to cost to do didn't make it practical for what my car is.  I still have the originals.  If the repops turn out to be junk, I'll have them restored.
Tom Rightler