News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang

Started by JMF, May 15, 2021, 02:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

I'm in the market for a new daily as I'm selling my 97 Mustang GT

I know people on here will probably be biased towards the Challenger but looking for thoughts on pros and cons on all 3

So I'm only wanting an auto and only a V8 , Challenger SRT8 , Camaro SS and a Mustang Gt

Budget is all around the 2008 - 2014 kind of years

Anyone have experience of all 3 ? I like the styling of all 3 ?

Thanks

Kern Dog

A big factor to consider is how BIG are you?
The Challenger is far more comfortable for tall and BIG people.

armor64

that is for sure what dictates what i can drive... Im 6ft6, 350lb, and built like a gorilla (long back) i cannot fit in the camaro at all, the roof is about half way down my head. when i tested the 3  (also the Hyundai Genesis coupe back in the day) the Challenger was the most comfortable leg seating position, genesis was the most comfortable seat in general, and the mustang was ok all around.

while i would normally say go with the LS engine for ease of repair and parts, after 2008 i think they get more complicated and pricier, but my only experience is with motor swaps.

Mike DC

It's sacrilegious, but IMO the V6 Mustang seems like the best overall sports car of the bunch.   It's the only one that doesn't have a serious weight problem.  The modern V6 makes as much power as older V8s but it gives the car better front/rear weight balance.  It probably gets better gas mileage & cheaper insurance than a V8 too.  

The modern Chally & Camaro are both larger car platforms that were chopped down into pony cars.  It shows.  They are heavy and oddly-proportioned.  

ACUDANUT

The driver of a car, that walks away from a accident is the winner.  The heavier car/truck, the better....Ask me how I know.  I almost lost my life in a lightweight smaller car.  Still can't go a day I don't feel this or remember that day. Horrible.

426HemiChick

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 17, 2021, 09:32:26 PM
 The driver of a car, that walks away from a accident is the winner.  The heavier car/truck, the better....Ask me how I know.  I almost lost my life in a lightweight smaller car.  Still can't go a day I don't feel this or remember that day. Horrible.

Hi Cuda Gal,                     15 June 2021

Sorry about your accident, glad you are OK; tell us about small cars, there are a couple photos of one in a thread of ours taken in Portugal. Close call.

Have a Stang, had a Hemi Cuda, which was about as sorry as any car could be to drive anywhere beyond 5 miles. Have a Ford Interceptor and an 09 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab PU. Between it and the Ford, it's the most comfortable of the two.

Of all the cars we have had, the best driver for long trips was our Hemi Daytona. It was fast, rode very well and handled like a dream.

If we still had it, we'd be afraid to drive it what with all the loons infesting our highways. If it got totaled who's going to pay for or replace it? No one, not even the insurance company because they haven't been making them for 51 years.

Stick with something big that you can walk away from after an accident.

Take care young lady,

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

cdr

My daughter has a 2018 Mustang GT, catfish look alike, I dont like anything about it, my friend has a ZL1 Camaro 2017ish ?  what a road noise cheep feeling ugly piece of crap, I LOVE my 2020 T/A 392 Challenger, it drives awesome, feels light even though its a heavy whale LOL.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

chargered

For me, the camaro and mustang are too small and tight inside the cabin.  Camaro has terrible visibility issues.

Kern Dog

Quote from: chargered on June 17, 2021, 02:41:07 AM
For me, the camaro and mustang are too small and tight inside the cabin.  Camaro has terrible visibility issues.

The Challenger is not that easy to see out of but I suspect it is better than the others. Blind spot monitoring helps.

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 25, 2021, 12:34:45 PM
Quote from: keepat on June 24, 2021, 08:23:18 AM
My 2 cents 12 years ago
Pat

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59784.0.html

https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/camaro-challenger-shelby-shootout.39728/

Better question Do you still have the three cars now ?

No, but I did buy another Shelby (2013) and another Camaro (ZL1) but I don't have those anymore either.
2017 ACR-E Was the last new car I got excited about and bought. Nothing new has lit my fire although I am interested in the new bronco!