News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Using Holley Hyperspark distributor with Fitech Go EFI 4 ?

Started by chargernut69, May 15, 2021, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargernut69

Hi all,

Trying to install my Fitech Go EFI 4 (30001) in my '69 Charger w/440 in the timing control configuration. Using a Holley Hyperspark Hall-Effect distributor 565-306,

Seems the Holley Distributor should connect directly to the ECU on the Fitech ? The only difference is the added +12v to power the distributor vs. the MSD magnetic pickup type.

However, I am getting no spark at all from a known working ignition coil....

Anyone have any experience with this ?

Thanks
Jack

chargernut69

Update --

Found out from FiTech that the Hyperspark distributor will not work with their EFI systems....  it must be a magnetic pickup distributor, like MSD.

So I plunked down my $500+ for a Ready-to-Run MSD 8387 distributor.    :o   Will see if car starts now with the new one...

I am not going to use timing control from the FiTech EFI system...   not worth the hassle for a street rod.

Will see tomorrow if this thing will start/run !     

TTSaleen

Good luck.  Looking at those types of systems for future upgrades on my 68.
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

chargernut69

Got the car to start & run... finally.     still have to connect vacuum advance and better adjust timing though.