News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unicorn Superbirds

Started by Redbird, May 23, 2021, 08:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbird

How many Superbirds truly are there that are Unicorns?

My definition is they were built from the factory as a grossly not allowed car according to the pre-order paperwork.

I count the (3)-Deep Burnt Orange Metallic cars, the Rallye Red car, and the Blue interior car. Are there any others of that scale?

I know that there is the yellow Power-window car restored with the cad plated bolts, yawn. Then too there are the Rim-Blow-Horn cars. Grandma's wheel car. Show me a Rim-Blow with a factory prototype air bag in the center and I will be quite impressed.

How about original un-repainted Superbirds under 20,000 miles or so? There is 162292 with 22,000 miles, very cool car. The 5400 mile car that just sold. Was that the car that had 12 miles for decades until someone decided to drive it like a new car? Probably a bigger club than I think. After about 20,000 miles the elements take a toll.

Not interested at all in Daytonas, except the original Watermelon car. Mike seems to be content to die lonely in the corner of a cold damp basement with all he knows about that.

If you want to discuss Unicorn Daytonas please start your own thread.

Wingnut426

Not sure what you are really grasping for, but there is 2 Superbirds built with the same VIN #. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Redbird

1. Superbirds that came from the factory in a completely large unusual way that they were not supposed to be built as. A Black Velvet or In Violet Metallic factory painted car would ring the bell here. An original factory cloth and vinyl bench seat with center armrest would fit too.

and

2. Extremely low mileage Superbirds that remain un-repainted and unrestored.

nascarxx29

How about typo on superbird dash tags
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Redbird

Works too.

At the extreme end I was thinking mostly about a factory built Super-Track Pack, Sandpebble Beige exterior , Cloth and Vinyl bench seat interior with center armrest car that was ordered as a factory executive car.

Or just an originally factory painted exterior Yellow Gold car.

A383Wing

How many 'Birds are known with the factory rear bumper guards? I have only seen one

Bryan

tan top

Quote from: Redbird on May 23, 2021, 08:30:20 AM
How many Superbirds truly are there that are Unicorns?

My definition is they were built from the factory as a grossly not allowed car according to the pre-order paperwork.

I count the (3)-Deep Burnt Orange Metallic cars, the Rallye Red car, and the Blue interior car. Are there any others of that scale?

I know that there is the yellow Power-window car restored with the cad plated bolts, yawn. Then too there are the Rim-Blow-Horn cars. Grandma's wheel car. Show me a Rim-Blow with a factory prototype air bag in the center and I will be quite impressed.

How about original un-repainted Superbirds under 20,000 miles or so? There is 162292 with 22,000 miles, very cool car. The 5400 mile car that just sold. Was that the car that had 12 miles for decades until someone decided to drive it like a new car? Probably a bigger club than I think. After about 20,000 miles the elements take a toll.

Not interested at all in Daytonas, except the original Watermelon car. Mike seems to be content to die lonely in the corner of a cold damp basement with all he knows about that.

If you want to discuss Unicorn Daytonas please start your own thread.

interesting thread !!  :2thumbs: 

blue interior superbird ! has anyone seen the broadcast sheet  ! wonder what the  Y code is   :scratchchin:

the FE5 superbird ! Rallye Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMSw7GHHFWE
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

gtx6970

A good friend of mine used to own the petty blue Bird that was sold to Harold Sullivan so he could trade it for the Silver Bullet

Last I heard the Bird is now in Tim Welborns stable. That car only had 12000 miles when sold to Sullivan
Still sat on all 4 original tires and other than underhood paint and a touchup for a minor booboo on the side of the nose was pretty much untouched. white bucket seat interior , 440 sixbarrel , console auto,  rimblow steering wheel car

Mopar Nut

Here's one with a bunny.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

This one definitely fits the bill.

Aero426

Maxwell Wedge's Bird is about as good as it gets.   What's it up to, 13K miles now?   This one moved to a new nest a while back, correct?

cudavic

Quote from: Mopar Nut on May 23, 2021, 08:31:54 PM
Here's one with a bunny.

If you got one with two bunny's it must have the front bench seat.

You just can't have a bunny sitting alone in the back seat. ;)

crankshaft67

How about a b5 blue superbird with EB7 and P6BW

Y07Roadrunner

Might not be a "unicorn", but a rare find nonetheless.  28,000 original miles.  Original paint, original interior, original vinyl top, completely numbers-matching.  Assembly line starter, radiator, carb, alternator, & wiring.  Just earned its HPOF certification from the AACA at the Fall Hershey meet. 

Pinballjim

Quote from: Y07Roadrunner on November 06, 2021, 10:59:50 PM
Might not be a "unicorn", but a rare find nonetheless.  28,000 original miles.  Original paint, original interior, original vinyl top, completely numbers-matching.  Assembly line starter, radiator, carb, alternator, & wiring.  Just earned its HPOF certification from the AACA at the Fall Hershey meet. 

Yep.   This one is a nice car for sure!!!   I've seen it a couple times.  Impressive!

cdr

Quote from: Wingnut426 on May 23, 2021, 08:48:47 AM
Not sure what you are really grasping for, but there is 2 Superbirds built with the same VIN #. WINGNUT

WOW !!! how was this dealt with ?? 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr