News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Center console question for 67 Charger

Started by Spartan, May 23, 2021, 10:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Well, this started with adding a console clock to my 67 Charger and has grown to removing the console and looking to fix it up. Hopefully this doesn't get too long winded, I just want to get this fixed up and put it back in. Here we go
1. Fiberglass has 2 cracks in it, one passenger side near light, other at the front nose corner nobody will ever see. What have you done to patch these and did you repaint it? If so what did you use?
2. Top plate where auto shift is, there are 2 holes drilled in the trim plate to"screw it down" because someone had installed the wrong bracket. I am installing the right bracket, has anyone ever had to plug holes and then paint the black back on? I need to paint the far back plate next to the console glove box door as well, it's missing the the black ring the other plates have, what did you use to paint it?
3. Console lights. The repop lenses have larger tabs than the old yellow ones I am replacing so they don't fit the holes. Do I just cut the tabs off and glue them in or drill open the holes?

any other tips? This started this when my clock wouldn't fit, only to find out the wrong mounting bracket was installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)