News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 leather charcoal buckets

Started by AKcharger, May 27, 2021, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Well, this is what $1500 buys you. ""Rare" is a 2 edged sword.  Had one bad seat and only one place in the world had the remaining NOS material and they saw me coming. Vinyl seat covers $525 leather $1500....is it worth a 1000?  :shruggy:

70gtx440dana

70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54

AKcharger

Thanks Sir! and the most comfortable seats I've ever sat on! (I keep telling myself that)

Nacho-RT74

It's great to get leather seats, but... those wrinkles... dunno
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

They're pretty spot on to originals

Mopar Nut

I think they look good, who made them?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

AKcharger

Legendary - But it's an interesting story. My original seat were in very good shape save two segments on the drivers seat that could have been repaired. I found the NOS material at a place called "mid-west auto upholstery" I least I think that's their name. anyway they seem to be the repository for a LOT of NOS upholstery materal. So I call to get some material and they say they only deal with upholstery shops...fair enough, I couldn't do it myself anyway so I have the shop that was going to do the repair call them to order it. well they want a copy of their business license to prove they're an uphosletery shop...OOOOH kay. they do that and then they tell them they only sell materal in batches of like a million sq. yards.  so I HAVE to order from Legendary who gets their material from those guys. I'm guessing they have a deal with legendary exclusivly but have to advertise "we sell to anyone" to avoid anti-trust suits

pipeliner

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 30, 2021, 07:00:38 AM
It's great to get leather seats, but... those wrinkles... dunno
Man I'll have to agree. Looks like a poor job to me.