News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger AMD fenders

Started by GordonGriggs, May 28, 2021, 12:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

Can someone post photos of the AMD fenders mounted? I need 2 for a project car I have. The fenders I have are full of bondo. I am trying to decide whether to
fix the ones I have or replace them with AMD fenders. I hear the AMD fenders have a lot of flaws. This will be a daily driver so I am not looking for perfection.

csx4590

Used them on my car and was very pleased. My originals would not have looked good on a black car. Unfortunately, I can't get the photo small enough to post. I would recommend the AMD fenders...

green69rt

My  :Twocents:.  They are pretty good but you'll need to spend some time on them, depending on how good you want them to look.  I spent extra time making the body lines shqrper. More time on the front, around the headlights and where the fender meets the front valance ( closing up gaps.)  Mine also needed some work on the gaps to the cowl and around the front doors.  I guess there was not much I didn't touch!  Rear fenders seemed to go on easier.

gtx6970

I used one, on a 68.

Biggest issue for me was the curved area where it meets the door. required some welding and reshaping to contour to the door correctly

green69rt

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 28, 2021, 03:21:10 PM
I used one, on a 68.

Biggest issue for me was the curved area where it meets the door. required some welding and reshaping to contour to the door correctly

Ditto

Mike DC

Got any pics of these consistent flaws on the AMD fenders?  We should be documenting this stuff. 

green69rt

If you look on this thread, starting at this page, you can see some of the correction I made.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54582.400.html

hemi-hampton

I know the 69 Roadrunner Fenders are like a 1/4 inch too sort at back of Fender, so none of your body lines line up & if you do try to line them up the top back of fender is 1/4 inch lower then top of your Door at front of Door. :brickwall: LEON.

Kern Dog

Quote from: green69rt on May 28, 2021, 02:45:16 PM
Rear fenders seemed to go on easier.
REAR fenders ??

Highbanked Hauler

I put a left front AMD fender on my 68  and it fit without any problem . I will say my car has a lot of space at the cowl and tighter at the bottom with the original fenders so not an issue for me .
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser