News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have you used a stainless steel fuel tank on your 2nd gen. Charger?

Started by b5blue, May 29, 2021, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm considering replacing my tank and looking for any who have used stainless? Modern fuel being strange brew I'm thinking stainless is best.  :scratchchin:

green69rt

Yep, stainless on everything.  Glad I did because I had read on here how many folks have leaks around the float gasket.  The stainless tuff comes with a stainless gasket retainer.  Much more beefy and I've never had a drop of leakage.  Maybe you could buy the retainer seperate. :shruggy:

green69rt

Quote from: b5blue on May 29, 2021, 04:13:54 PM
Who did you buy from?  :shruggy:

I'd have to dig out my receipts.  Don't remember.

Found it!  Classic Industries part # ft6009c.  On 3/28/2018 it cost 259.99.  At the same time I bought the fuel return and supply lines at 58.74 Ea.

Shipping was $124  because of the "oversize".

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

xsr/tse

I have a stainless steel one from vans also.  It's a thing of beauty!

b5blue

Yup! Agree, I hardly ever use eBay anymore but after calling VAN's directly they said for free shipping you MUST use eBay.  :shruggy: The big block 4QT oil pan is very nice for 50.00 shipped also.  :2thumbs:

chargered

I bought one recently from Vans as well.  No leaks so far.  Now if I could just get my fuel sender to read accurately............. :brickwall:

Bossman963

Just to throw it out as I have a brand new gas tank and if anyone is interested shout out an offer :brickwall: :cheers: :o :shruggy:
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS