News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window Felts

Started by bandit70, June 03, 2021, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit70

I bought some new window felts for my 70 Charger and the front outside pieces are about 1/4" short leaving a gap at the end for water to get in.  Thinking this has to be wrong, I go look at the other side of the car which has what I assume are the originals on still and it too has a 1/4" gap at the end right up by the window vent pillar.   Another Charger owner thought it was normal when I described it but it just does not look right to me.  Water will definitely get in there and I hate to rely on the drain holes in the door to be the remedy.

Can anyone verify if their setup has this gap at the end too?   I pic would be great.

The pic attached shows the gap.   The second arrow is showing another gap by the vent pillar but that is for another day so ignore.

birdsandbees

You're missing the short felt that the chrome strip slides up and down on. Solution posted on FBBO..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

armor64

these little dudes pop in to seal that off, they are thinner than the felts to allow the thicker chrome edge to slide easier.

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/product/68-70-chrysler-b-body-door-window-weatherstrip-plugs/