News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10" drums, wheel cylinder bolt hard to get to.

Started by GMP440, June 13, 2021, 03:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMP440

In the process of changing out the front wheel cylinders On my 68 Coronet with 10" drums.  The front one I can get a wrench on it and loosen it,  the one by where the rubber brake line is mounted is hard to get a wrench on it.  Asking others if you had this problem and how you were able to get a tool on it to loosen.  Thanks.

A383Wing

just went through this on my 66 Charger......take a box end wrench and slowly & carefully grind off the outside of the round portion of the box end until you can get it fully on the bolt to loosen it. You may have to make the "box end" thinner as well to get it on the bolt

If you need a picture of my wrench, let me know

Bryan

GMP440

Hello,

Thanks for replying.  I did just that ; making the outside of the wrench thinner and flatter.  It's rounding out the bolt.  Looks like I'll have to loosen the bolts that hold the backing plate to the
  balljoint so I can get more clearance.  The front one came out well because I had more clearance.  Can you sow a pic of your wrench.  Thanks.

A383Wing

here is my modified 1/2" wrench

Bryan