News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 tail light seals

Started by Highbanked Hauler, June 17, 2021, 07:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I had to weld pieces into the tail panel of my 68 and figured I had better check how the tail lights fit and I do have to shape it a little better to get the lights to seal properly. I noticed that the rubber seal attached to the lights  is seriously compressed from 50 plus years of use so has anyone found a replacement for the originals  or what do you do to get them to seal tight ? I am thinking of getting a length of small diameter vacuum hose and gluing it to the rubber of the light so it will compress and seal when the light bolts in or is there a better idea ?? Thanks.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 17, 2021, 07:44:04 AM
I had to weld pieces into the tail panel of my 68 and figured I had better check how the tail lights fit and I do have to shape it a little better to get the lights to seal properly. I noticed that the rubber seal attached to the lights  is seriously compressed from 50 plus years of use so has anyone found a replacement for the originals  or what do you do to get them to seal tight ? I am thinking of getting a length of small diameter vacuum hose and gluing it to the rubber of the light so it will compress and seal when the light bolts in or is there a better idea ?? Thanks.

Google is an amazing thing, they are reproduced .
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser