News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sand blast / glass bead cabinets , what do you guys have ?

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, July 04, 2021, 07:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

I had a TP Tools Skat Cat 960 for about 13 years  on loan from a friend who has now taken it back so it is time to get another . Actually since it is gone , I actually like the  room now without it , and wouldn't care if I were to get a smaller one next . The 960 is 46'' x 28'' x 28'' . There are so many to choose from now , seeing what you guys have and what you think of yours .
I would / will buy one new , but have been watching Craigslist / Ebay / Facebook marketplace for maybe a good deal on a used one .
One surprise is that Skat Cat / TP Tools brag about their cabinets being USA American / USA made , aren't having any sort of 4th of July Independence Day sale , codes , or discounts !!!! Yet Harbor Freight does !!! Not that I'm going to buy a HF cabinet , just say'n .

RiverRaider

I have three, two pressure pot cabinets a cyclone DP48 (48") a Crystal blast II (36") and a Harbor Freight/Homak type <$200 red standup suction cabinet.
All three have vacuum dust collectors.  All three I picked up on the used market. The DP48 is for the big stuff, the Crystal blast II if for finer detail blasting and
the suction cabinet for general cleaning.  I like pot blasters better than suction, but all get the job done.  But since buying an Ultramatic Portaburr 3 vibratory
tumbler I don't use the blasters as much.  Also check craft and hobbies for sale sections.  There are like new higher end cabinets sometimes.  The Crystal blast is actually
sold as a sand carver for doing glass etching.  There are lot more crafters who get sick and tired of their stuff than car guys.  The DP48 can from a stockcar racer and the red
suction cabinet was on Craigslist.  Make sure to try different names in searches, blaster cabinet, bead blaster, abrasive cabinet, sand carver, glass etching cabinet, media blast.
Its crazy how many different terms bring up different items. 

My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !