News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steel Wheel With Dog Dish Pics

Started by JMF, July 13, 2021, 01:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Looking for some pics and ideas of sizes for steel wheels with dog dish caps if anyone has them on their car ? Ideally I'd like 15 x 7 but 15 x 6 is all that's available for me to buy at the moment , I prefer a taller tyre so thinking maybe 235/70/15 on a 15 x 6 ?

So anyone running steelies with dog dish caps please post pics with your sizes 👍👍

I'm looking colour coding too so will paint the wheels body colour which is EW1 white

Any pics of a 70 with these wheels ?

Many thanks

HANDM

70 sublime

I have steel wheels and dog dish caps on my car

My wheels came off a 71 Chrysler Newport which is the same car I pulled the 383 that is in my car now

The tires are P235/75R15
They are fairly tall and they do rub on the front frame rails in front and behind the wheel if I turn too sharp but they do not touch the fender
I like them for a couple of reasons
My speedometer is spot on so both cars must of had the same gears in the rear end ( I have a 2.92 limited slip in the Charger )
Other reason is it is a lot less bumpy

I have a set of Magnum 500 in 14" size with tires about twice as wide at the back and had them on my car for a while
Looked fantastic
They are smaller around so speedo was way off
And they were very bumpy
One wheel weight fell off and was shaking the car pretty good so I swapped my steel wheels back on and what a difference in the ride
Not sure if it was because the Magnum wheels were wider or smaller around but they seem to hit twice as many bumps in the road and it was very noticeable  
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JMF

Thanks for the replies

So you're saying you've got 14's on the rear but 15's on the front ?

Any more pics ?

Thanks

70 sublime

No I have 15" steel wheels on it all the way around right now
I have tried a set of wider 14" wheels on it in the past and found it was very bumpy

I looked through the pictures on the computer of my car and that was the best I had
Next time I have it out (not raining ) I will get some more pictures with the wheels in mind
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

HeavyFuel

Mine.

15 x 7, 15 x 8.  Standard BS/offset.

Just 6T9 CHGR

15x7 with 255/60/15 all 4 corners
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JMF

Thanks for the pics , nice cars

What were these caps in the link below originally fitted to ? Can't find any others for sale in the U.K.

http://www.northhantstyres.com/centre-caps-styles/chrysler-mopar-caps.php

Alaskan_TA

Those are not Mopar production caps.

JMF

Anyone running 15 x 6's , they're the only sizes I can get in the U.K.

Apparently there is a steel shortage in the US so everywhere is out of stock ?

blakemon

HeavyFuel

Quote from: blakemon on August 06, 2021, 03:25:47 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 14, 2021, 02:44:06 PM
Mine.

15 x 7, 15 x 8.  Standard BS/offset.

I dig the matching color.

Standard operating procedure for cars that checked the dog dish block, if I remember my research correctly.

Cars with full wheel covers (hubcaps) got black wheels.  Things went all black sometime in the '71 model year.

darbgnik

Wheel Vintiques 15 by 10 Chrysler reproduction steelie wheels with 5.5" backspacing for the rear of the car. Factory 15 by 7 steelies in the front.

With a set of 28x12R15 Mickey Thompson S/R rears and 26x10R15 fronts.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

6.7Cummins

15x6 front f70 wide ovals. 15x8 rear with pro trac 60s
1968 Charger R/T 440/727

John Milner

My car runs 15x7 steel cop car wheels with 255/60 15 and 215/70 15 tires.  The 255/60's on the rear turn to smoke very easy.  I also have manual steering and the 215/70's make it steer easy.