News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 vent window

Started by comet_666, July 16, 2021, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Just a quick question, how far around do the swivel? I want to maybe get fresh air blowing on my face a bit when driving but mine does not seem to swivel to that degree.

Mopar Nut

Mine opens quite far. Post a picture of your vent window open as far as it can go.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

Shoot penetrating oil past the rubber seal on the bottom pivot with the tiny red sprayer tube while moving the window back and forth. (Put some in the top pivot also.) The pivots tend to gum up if not lubed. I installed A/C but the vent windows are a lifesaver without it! 

70 sublime

I took this picture this evening

With opening how far in mind I tried it
With the window opened at 90 degrees it will stay there
Once you go past 90 the bottom of the glass starts to push on the inside gasket part and with the wind blowing on the glass sticking out it pushes it back to 90

If you want it to stay open farther you will need something to hook on the latch to keep it open

Yes it made a lot of wind wide open but because of the angle it blows more down than it would into your face
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

comet_666

70 sublime, exactly how far mine goes, mine rubs on the upper door pad so it wont go anywhere. Reason I was curious is I ran into a guy at a show and his vent window on his old buick had quite a bit more articulation.
b5blue, they were quite stiff to move, I will try your suggestion this week and let you know, I have had the car over 25 years and never lubed them.

Thanks!!

b5blue

The retaining bracket under there is prone to rusting.