News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger shocks

Started by misty440, July 17, 2021, 10:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misty440

hey guys,
I am replacing my steering gear box shortly as it worn out and want to complement the improvement with new frint shocks, what do you guys recommend? Bilsteins were suggested but not sure where to get them and my searches bring up truck shocks. it is a street driver, PST Poly Urethane suspension kit, larger torsion bars, stock front sway bar, I am always looking to upgrade when replacements as I assume most everyone is, appreciate all feedback
Thanks,
Chris
70 Charger R/T 440C.I 727 3.23's

pipeliner

Me personally I really love my Vikings but they could be double the price in what you are looking for.

b5blue

Monroe-Matic on my daily driver. Cheap/effective

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

XH29N0G

The change to higher quality shocks was night/day difference for me.   Of the higher quality ones, I have only used the Bilsteins and I believe I acquired them from Bergman (https://bergmanautocraft.com/) but I am sure there are other places where they can be acquired. 

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

misty440

Thanks guys for your input, what about QA1 shocks? I found those in Jegs website? Are thise comparable to the Bilsteins? are they better or worse?
70 Charger R/T 440C.I 727 3.23's

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: misty440 on July 19, 2021, 05:39:56 PM
Thanks guys for your input, what about QA1 shocks? I found those in Jegs website? Are thise comparable to the Bilsteins? are they better or worse?

The Bilsteins are a great shock but the QA1's are better product. Especially when you get into the adjustable ones. But the Bilsteins are still worth every penny compared to the parts store shocks.   
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 20, 2021, 12:11:44 AM

But the Bilsteins are still worth every penny compared to the parts store shocks.   

:iagree:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

b5blue

Can you explain what/why or how they are better?   :shruggy:

blakemon

You can't go wrong with Bilsteins.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: b5blue on July 23, 2021, 08:53:30 AM
Can you explain what/why or how they are better?   :shruggy:

It's all in the valving of the shock and the quality of the parts inside. Bilstein uses a larger piston which smooths out the rebound and compression giving it a smoother reaction.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster