News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring up my SPAL brushless fan package finally!

Started by comet_666, July 19, 2021, 09:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Finally got this and trying to get everything together so I get this wired up.
I have all the harnesses pictured, running 10ga wire (one for each fan) from battery (in my trunk) to the maxi fuses (40amp) then to the supplied harness. My question is (nacho already commented on this via another post I didn't want to hijack) I need to tie the sensor into an ignition source and am unsure where to go (stock fuse block would be easiest) instead of hunting for the elusive blue wire which I may have tagged into my dakota digital box already. It's looking for a 5 amp fused ignition source. Also should I use some sort of 10ga battery lug for the fans to the battery?

comet_666

i'll add this one in there as well where it states 5 amp fused switched ignition source.

b5blue

I don't understand, "Dakota Digital" is what? Is your wiring factory or custom? Your integrating the fan/fans into what system?  :scratchchin:

comet_666

Quote from: b5blue on July 21, 2021, 10:12:43 AM
I don't understand, "Dakota Digital" is what? Is your wiring factory or custom? Your integrating the fan/fans into what system?  :scratchchin:
Dakota Digital is a digital instrument cluster. I have factory wiring and I am trying to find a 5 amp fused switched ignition source i can tag into either under the hood or at the factory fuse box.

b5blue

Look for ASSY on fuse block slot. Many times it's empty and can be loaded. It will be a factory "key on 12V+". Use NAPA NW784637 Fuse tap

comet_666

Thanks  b5blue !!!! Currently I have my dakota digital gauges on that "accessory power"
I feel like an idiot asking but how does the fuse tap work?

b5blue

It goes between the fuse and fuse clip in front. You have an empty fuse slot in that pic. you could load with clips and use.  :scratchchin:

comet_666

I see what your saying on those now.
I buddy of mine asked me why not just use a multispade connector on the one with the green arrow in my above pic?

b5blue

If that's a "key on" feed okay, add an inline fuse of some sort.  :scratchchin:

comet_666

It is, that's what my dakota digital diagram says. What amp inline fuse should I be running do you think and where should the fuse be located? near the fuse block or closer to the sensor ?