News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing P.S. to Borgeson on my 70.

Started by b5blue, July 23, 2021, 10:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm using this coupler: https://bergmanautocraft.com/product/direct-fit-steering-coupler  and his line adapters. I'm hoping I don't need to pull the steering column. Chime in with any experience. I have a Federal PS pump and hope it's up to the job, I'll add a cooler.

WHITE AND RED 69

I just did this swap about six months ago on an A body and it was pretty straight forward. I was working on a slant six so I had plenty of room so if you have headers it might be a whole different story. One thing I ran into was I needed to shim one of the mounts to get it to line up cleaner with the column. I've heard not everyone needs to shim it but it lined up much better once I added an 1/8" washer behind it. Aside from that all the parts in the Bergman kit were great and fit nicely.

But it'll make life easier to pull the column, especially when getting the seal installed. I could not get the retainer to fit snug so I added a coupler retainer from Detroit Muscle Tech that was 3.5" to help seal it but I don't see it listed anymore? 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

b5blue

Thanks I've no headers. Ordered the 3.5 wire coupler retainer from Roseville Moparts for the Bergman adapter. I couldn't find it on DMT except for a 95.00 replacement kit. JEG's has the pump for 273.00 with B/RB brackets, hardware and pulley shipped. I can't recall if the T Bar is in the way so I'll just be winging it.

Highbanked Hauler

Are you going to put a bolt in the steering column or weld the universal ? I am considering putting a Borgson in the 500 but I don't want to weld the universal joint on the original column .
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

b5blue

This eliminates all that shaft cutting hassle: https://bergmanautocraft.com/product/direct-fit-steering-coupler/   and retains factory design. Roseville Moparts has the 3.5 inch wire coupler cap keeper for 12.00 that fits the linked part.

b5blue

JEGS has a sale on Borgeson Saginaw B/RB pumps so now it will be a full Borgeson conversion.