News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Meet Pete

Started by RallyeMike, July 24, 2021, 09:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

At least that is what I think his name is. He just kept repeating it over and over: Pete! Pete! .... Pete! Pete!, until we gave him some water and apple bits for lunch.

He chilled for the afternoon with us, took a nap, had a quick snack and then he was on his way.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

LaOtto70Charger

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

odcics2

Any others in that gray "nest"? 
:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

RallyeMike

QuoteAny others in that gray "nest"?

I WAS wondering if that's why he took a shine to me  :lol:

Anyway..... figured out that this was a Cedar Waxwing, a common bird in N America.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

blakemon

Whatta sweet little bird!

John_Kunkel

This thread prompted me to dig through my old photos to find pics of a fairly tame black bird that showed up at my workplace and "adopted" us. He would come into our break room at lunch time and scrounge for a meal. Outside, he would take an offering of a juicy live bug or cricket and, with some people, he would fly up, light on your arm and eat out of your hand.

When the night shift closed up the break room, he would perch on top of a vending machine and spend the night. When the room opened the next morning, he would fly out and sometimes, fly right back in...then we knew there was a hawk circling overhead.

Eventually, we found his dead body outside (maybe dead from overeating) and placed his body in the freezer with the intent of taking it to a taxidermist to have it stuffed and mounted. But, evidently somebody needed the room in the freezer and tossed the carcass.

Sic Transit Gloria old buddy.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.