News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buffing compound

Started by krops cars, July 30, 2021, 01:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

I have buffing compound in the vent or louvers and can not get get off. Any suggestions?

TTSaleen

Be careful not to scratch the surrounding painted surfaces!
I would try some alcohol (70%) and water mixed in a spray bottle.  Spray it on and let it soak a little, then use something like a small plastic pic or soft tooth brush to see if you can remove the old compound.
You can even try your fingernail as it won't be nearly as aggressive or scratch.
You can also try a clay-bar with plenty of lube to prevent scratching/marring.
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

Canadian1968

Also would suggest water and alcohol mix.  This should break it down the compound so you can simply wipe it off. Soak it good and let it sit for about 15 secs or so . Don't let it sit to long because it will evaporate fast because of the alcohol .

Could try this process just before washing the entire car as well. Squirt the problem areas and then was car as normal . If you a pressure washer will be a bonus .

hemi-hampton

To prevent this problem pressuring washing car after just rubbing it while it's still fresh & soft is best advice I can give. :scratchchin:

blakemon

IPA wipe down with a microfiber cloth.