News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Tail Lights on Market for 1969

Started by kevs1969daytona, July 16, 2021, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

Looking at getting some new tail lights lens,  Mine are original and faded.  Any suggestions, don't want those LED ones.  Are they all the same.

WHITE AND RED 69

Those look like they are in pretty good shape. I'd hit them with some plastic polish and some silver paint and they'll be looking sharp.

One thing I've seen with all the reproduction ones is they do not have the silver stripe. Not a huge deal breaker but for $300 bucks I'd want them to be close to the originals. Also I think they are all made by the same company. The one big complaint I've heard is not on the lens but that the repro chrome moldings don't match up at all. So if you are looking to replace everything you might run into an issue.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

Even toothpaste will work nice for the lense polish!

LEDs setups has nothing to do with the lenses itself. LED panels or bulbs simply sit on back of the lense just like regular bulbs.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ryan

If yours aren't cracked then clean them up , they'll look better than the reproduction parts
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

JimShine

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on July 19, 2021, 11:56:30 PM
Those look like they are in pretty good shape. I'd hit them with some plastic polish and some silver paint and they'll be looking sharp.

Agreed. I used the Novus system, which with some elbow grease, you can polish an original gauge cluster lens crystal clear with. You could also use a professional headlight polishing system.

The color became deeper when I polished them. A lot of that faded look is really just the chalky oxidized surface of the plastic. If you want to go all out, get a silver metallic paint pen, a roll of paint tape, and a can of trim black. For under $50 you can make them look amazing.