News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fronts alway scubbing inside of tyres

Started by dodgey68, August 01, 2021, 05:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

ok i know this might be a long shot,, i have a pretty standard  reasonably newfront end,  only got fatman drop spindles, 18" rim  235 wide tyre  i get it aligned drives ok  but it always scrubs the inside of the tyres, i had it  checked  few times and still no fix,,  so ill fix it my self, the reason im asking what should i be checking, and looking for , i put a spirit level against the   disc, rim  wheel, its at  90 against ground ,
when i   drive it  its a bit tram tacky, bit darty  never sits on road straight follows  the slight dips in the road,
thank you  
may i ask what are the factory settings
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

metallicareload99

Tires fully inflated? How's the toe? I would want a little negative camber, though that might make your problem worse. I don't think I'd want factory 1968 settings either with your rims, tires, and spindles.
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

HPP

IMO, your basic bubble level is not accurate enough to align a car. Also, You do NOT want the factory specs if you are using an 18" radial tire. The original specs are designed for a 6" wide tread face, bias ply tire.

If you have had it on a machine and what readings do you have? Is it scrubbing consistently on the inside of both tire or only one?

The wear with the darty characteristics sound like toe is incorrect.

b5blue

Quote from: dodgey68 on August 01, 2021, 05:37:19 AM
ok i know this might be a long shot,, i have a pretty standard  reasonably newfront end,  only got fatman drop spindles, 18" rim  235 wide tyre  i get it aligned drives ok  but it always scrubs the inside of the tyres, i had it  checked  few times and still no fix,,  so ill fix it my self, the reason im asking what should i be checking, and looking for , i put a spirit level against the   disc, rim  wheel, its at  90 against ground ,
when i   drive it  its a bit tram tacky, bit darty  never sits on road straight follows  the slight dips in the road,
thank you  
may i ask what are the factory settings
Yes that's "how they drive" more or less. The bigger the wheel the more pronounced the issues unless corrected for. The rub may be the fender brace or too much backspace? I bet it looks good though!  :scratchchin: