News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My truck got smashed

Started by duckmanreno, August 12, 2021, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckmanreno

Please be careful of where you park.
Saturday a drunk kid in his moms Mercedes smashed my F250 7.3 while it was parked in front of my house. It probably will be totaled. It's not a daily driver but my hunting/tow vehicle. I know I will come out on the short end of this and it will be hard to replace.
Ironically my truck had been parked on my driveway or in the garage it's entire life, I only had it on the street for about 3 weeks. Now I know most people on the site are concerned about parking the Charger. 
Just something to be aware of.
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

67440chrg

Sorry about your poor luck. Maybe you will make out ok.

Old Moparz

Quote from: duckmanreno on August 12, 2021, 12:15:08 PM
Please be careful of where you park.
Saturday a drunk kid in his moms Mercedes smashed my F250 7.3 while it was parked in front of my house. It probably will be totaled. It's not a daily driver but my hunting/tow vehicle. I know I will come out on the short end of this and it will be hard to replace.
Ironically my truck had been parked on my driveway or in the garage it's entire life, I only had it on the street for about 3 weeks. Now I know most people on the site are concerned about parking the Charger. 
Just something to be aware of.

One thing to consider is that the values of trucks right now is nuts & that you could possibly get more than expected from the other driver's insurance company. It may not allow you to replace it, but you might end up with a couple of thousand more. Start looking up similar trucks that were in the same condition prior to the accident & save them. Also check Kelly Blue Book, NADA values & compile enough to argue. Five years ago my 2004 Dodge Ram was valued at $4500 but this year it's in the $8500 range.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

stripedelete

Listen to Old Moparz.  I coach up a buddy from an $1,800 settlement to $4,200.  We even used asking prices on Craigslist.

Old Moparz

Quote from: stripedelete on August 12, 2021, 06:58:29 PM
Listen to Old Moparz.  I coach up a buddy from an $1,800 settlement to $4,200.  We even used asking prices on Craigslist.

The classified ads are also used by the insurance companies to gauge prices. When I added my son's car to a policy a few years ago I asked the agent point blank how they determined the value to see whether it gets totaled or not. They told me they use several methods including classified ads. When I went to court a few years ago to sue the a-hole that drove my truck into the wall at the tire shop, I searched out a half dozen ads, printed them & brought them with me to court in case the shop owner tried to claim the damage cost was higher than the truck value. It never went that far but I was ready if it did.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus