News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Chargers In Snow.

Started by Lost Sheep, August 15, 2021, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Sheep

Im in the market for a modern Charger from 2006-2016 model. I live in North Dakota where it does snow most of the winter and RWD arent ideal. I'm curious how anyone else that drives them daily in snowy climates experiences them. What do you use for traction? or would you recommend just going after an AWD model?
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

INTMD8

Really comes down to tires and ground clearance.

If the snow isn't so deep that the cars underbody is plowing it, any rwd car is excellent in the snow with winter tires.

(and also, AWD cars suck in the snow on the wrong tires)
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Aero426

AWD and a set of General Altimax Arctic 12 tires.      You will be good to go.    Those Generals are reasonably priced and an excellent tire.     Once you buy a set of dedicated winter rubber, you'll never go back.   

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on August 15, 2021, 09:09:57 PM
AWD and a set of General Altimax Arctic 12 tires.      You will be good to go.    Those Generals are reasonably priced and an excellent tire.     Once you buy a set of dedicated winter rubber, you'll never go back.   

My daughter has an AWD Challenger GT and its superior in traction to her old RWD Challenger. 

I have an AWD Pacifica and it's superior to my old FWD Caravan.
Road confidence is increased!  If you ever drive in snow or hard rain, AWD is highly recommended.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

RiverRaider

We have a first gen. Pacifica AWD in Wisconsin.  It is excellent on snow and ice and at just under 4500 lbs the wind doesn't affect you like it does with lighter vehicles on ice.  Michelin MV4 tires all season tires.
Never needed to consider getting snow only tires like Blizzacks.  It has the towing package with the two inch receiver, cargo space is less than my town and county but rides much better. You sit a little higher than Chargers or 300's.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Just 6T9 CHGR

My 2008 Daytona was horrible in the snow....anything more than 6" of snow it was real tough to keep on the road....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lost Sheep

Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

EccentricMagpies

Tires.. get some blizzak tires on your car.  It'll feel like you have 4 wheel drive.

I drove a rear wheel Magnum with these and I was questioning the rear wheel drive until I eventually had to replace them...  and went to some $hitty tires. 
Second time around I bought some decent tires, but not the blizzak's even though they were hands down the best tire.   I like to have fun on the roads in the winter months
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd