News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Coronet (RT?) induction options?

Started by INTMD8, August 17, 2021, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INTMD8

Just need a sanity check here.

I stumbled across a 69 Coronet RT (I believe, it has 3 rear taillights if that means anything).

440, 4-speed, Dana 60.

The person handling the car for the owner is claiming the dual 4 barrel cross ram is original and was an option in 69. 

I thought that was only 426 max wedge and 440 in 69 was single 4 or 6 pack.

Is this some rare Mopar oddity I'm unaware of or as I suspect not possible?

Thank you.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

6bblgt

three taillights was 500 WP (383 4bbl was largest engine) & R/T WS for 69

R/T was 440HP 4bbl or HEMI only

hemi-hampton

INTMD8

Haha, that's what I was thinking as well but thought I would check. Thanks guys.

INTMD8

I checked to yesterday to see if it was at least the original block and seems it is not.

Completely forgot to look at the top pad of the block, but anyway, here are a few photos if anyone is interested in seeing them.

70 sublime

They used to pull the car with a tow bar ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 19, 2021, 10:05:55 AM
They used to pull the car with a tow bar ?

Flat towing to race tracks was very common. A lot of guys couldn't afford trailers, the trucks to tow a trailer, roll backs, etc. You drove it there and crossed your fingers you didn't break or flat towed.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.