News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Upper Door Pad Removal

Started by Dano 1, August 19, 2021, 08:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano 1

I am trying to help out another member by reproducing rear upper door pad screw clips but need to remove them from my own car in order to reverse engineer them accurately.
What is the procedure for removing the door pads? I have both screws out but it appears that the window felt/seal is attached to the body and upper door pad somehow. Is it possible to remove the pad without damaging any of the window seals? Thanks!
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

armor64

the window felt is usually stapled to the pad itself. with the rear screw and front door jamb area one out, the pad is held onto the mount with a few push in clips. it can be tough to pop them free, but when done (from the bottom i think is easiest) the pad can "flip up" towards the glass slightly and comes off.

Dano 1

Thanks, armor64 that was exactly the information I needed. Got the pad off without damaging the felts or any of the clips  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com