News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coil over shocks

Started by Mr. Lee, August 19, 2021, 11:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Hi guys, does anybody know if there are adjustable coil over shocks out there that fit the original rear of a 69 Charger. I now have Monroe coil overs but I don't like the look of the car now, is a bit to high on the rear. If I have adjustable ones I can lower the rear just the way I like it. Thanks.

Serge

Kern Dog

The shock crossmember was never designed to support the weight of the car, it was meant to support the shock absorbers and their function. Coil over shocks are a crutch for weak leaf springs.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 19, 2021, 11:44:58 PM
The shock crossmember was never designed to support the weight of the car, it was meant to support the shock absorbers and their function. Coil over shocks are a crutch for weak leaf springs.

Hi, I know my leaf springs are weak, they will be repaired. Still want coil overs also.

ACUDANUT

You can also add a reinforced bracket to the shock towers.

cdr

Quote from: Mr. Lee on August 23, 2021, 01:54:49 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on August 19, 2021, 11:44:58 PM

Hi, I know my leaf springs are weak, they will be repaired. Still want coil overs also.

Just get some MONROE air shocks & keep the PSI under 55 [ Calling all the naysayers]
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr