News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can i vent about the younger generation?

Started by Bens340, August 20, 2021, 07:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 25, 2021, 08:43:42 AM

QuoteI think without arguement, the most well known charger is the general lee. That said, many kids in my kids school have never heard of it and look at it funny for the paint scheme. My daughter's boyfriend has never heard of the show or seen the car before. (20 years old). Everybody wants fast and furious and "NAS"

Fast & Furious#1 is now 20 years old.  Whoa.  It came out in 2001.  

The beginning of 'Dukes' and their last TV reunion movie were only separated by 20 years.  

Dukes movie was 2005.  It renewed interest in the show for a time.    It shows up on cable every so often.   It wasn't a super blockbuster but it did decent business at the time.   That was still about 15 years ago.
Still,  every new F&F movie features a custom 2nd gen for the most part....  even if it gets wrecked.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mike DC

QuoteDukes movie was 2005.  It renewed interest in the show for a time.    It shows up on cable every so often.   It wasn't a super blockbuster but it did decent business at the time.   That was still about 15 years ago.
Still,  every new F&F movie features a custom 2nd gen for the most part....  even if it gets wrecked.

Yeah, the DOH remake was 2005.  They made another TV movie in 2007 that was worse & quickly discarded.  

DOH is a dead franchise at this point.  The Confederacy elements have made the show radioactive.   Warner Bros cannot keep that stuff anymore.  But the existing fans will reject any new remakes without it.  It's a no-win situation for the studio so they quit playing.

F&F wrecks Chargers but they wreck everything else too.  It's common for them to buy 200+ cars/trucks for a single movie now.  Most are junk when filming ends.  

TexasStroker

There is good and bad in all generations...

Your next job might have 20 somethings that won't shut up about how great your Charger is and why you don't drive it every day.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

BSB67

Hmmmm.

My dad was into cars.   Mostly from the 1940s.  I really don't care much about cars from the 1940s.  Why would you think twenty somethings would be into your 50 year old cars from the 1960s/70s?

I have three kids in their 20's.  Not only are they not into my cars, they are not into any cars.  I'm kinda thankful.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

MoParJW

Probably less younger people are choosing to get into the car hobby because of the easily accessible ''social media'' & gaming world, and then there is the cost etc..

I still get frequent compliments from young kids (boys and girls) ''nice car sir!'' and I drive a four door  :shruggy:, these cars were well designed, optically anyways.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Dano 1

I'm 32 and I thought I still was the 'younger generation' damn...

I will say the first show I brought my Charger too, a local cars & coffee, I had more young people (teenager/early 20's) come up and talk to me about the car than older folks. Some of that could have been due to the younger nature of the crowd/event but still I thought it was great to see such interest from the younger kids. A lot of them didn't really know what the car was but they asked really intelligent questions and actually listened which was pretty refreshing.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

green69rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 21, 2021, 03:21:07 PM
When they start raggin' on your "old car", rag on their cookie-cutter rides with equal verve.

Tit-for-tat.  :fu:

Cookie-cutter cars is only one reason I like old cars.  I've noticed for years that you can line up a Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford, and others.  If they didn't have a brand badge on them, they can be hard to tell apart.  Same body shape, same tail lights, etc,etc,etc.  Sometimes they are actually the same because some Manufacturers buy cars from one guy, switch badges and sell it as their own.  Remember the Ford ranger and the Mazda Bxxxx trucks?

VegasCharger