News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PUi Interior

Started by pipeliner, August 24, 2021, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

Looking for some door panels, head liner and rear seat covers for My 70 Charger. I've heard that Pui has come along way since they first started in the interior business. It's not a concourse resto as I'm going non original with black interior. I guess the lead times for legendary for door panels and seat covers are about 7 months from what Legendary just told me. Has anybody bought from Pui lately? Also looking for the Charger emblems on the door panels. Any help or advise would be helpful. Thanks! 

Alaskan_TA

The first two letters in PUI are PU - because their products stink.  :Twocents:

John Milner

I used all PUI seat covers and door panels for my car.  I ordered everything within the last 3-4 years. The door panels fit just fine and look nice to me.  The front and rear seat covers were nicely made and fit perfect.  I used PUI foam for my bucket seats and didn't have to trim the foam or covers any to make it all work.  The foam isn't too firm like some aftermarket seat foam is.  They sit nice when you drive the car.  I'm sure Legendary is nicer and 100% correct looking.  I'm sure someone can notice some difference between my PUI covers and door panels vs factory parts.  But I was not concerned with it looking 100% correct and wanted a nice driver.  PUI stuff was cheaper, did everything I wanted it to and it is holding up just fine.   I would say use PUI if that's what you can find in stock.  

pipeliner

JimShine

I have PUI's that are about to turn 20 years old. They have held up great, and I was worried about that. They have a softer, stretchier feel than Legendary and OEM. I assumed they would tear or wear out in a few years, but so far so good.

I should mention I did not install the buttons on my seats. Everybody has long had issues with buttons on all brands popping off. I chose to skip them. That likely has played a role in my seat covers still holding up as they do not have holes punched into them.

b5blue

I used Legendary's foam and covers on my 70 with new seat back covers. Don't underestimate the task at hand... it's a PIA! (No matter who you use!)  :eek2:

doorman

I purchase old parts at https://www.moparonlineparts.com/. I recommend messaging them for discontinued parts.