News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DB Electrical Starter:

Started by Captain D, August 24, 2021, 04:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Just curious - at one point, I believe I had seen on the DB Electrical site that starter part number: #SND0088 was for the 383, 440 big blocks. However, that part number no longer exists. But, part number: #410-52033 says that they're the same.

However, even with the new part number, it doesn't list 383, 440. Only the 318, 360, & 290. And, they don't go back to the year, '1969' when looking up year, make, & model. Perhaps it's my OCD, but I'd actually like to see '383' when I go to make a purchase to know for sure what I'm buying. If it does fit other engine sizes that what's listed, they should include that info for customers + generate greater sales for that particular item:

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/new-dodge-b-van-truck-3-9l-5-2l-5-9l-starter-91-92-93-94-95.html#new-description-overview

Any info here about this unit...?

b5blue

armor64

its probably a CYA for them, if they list it for something it wasnt OEM for, they may be liable if it goes wrong? on mine i had to take off the connector extension so it didn't hit the block, then it connected right up to everything on the 440.

Captain D

Yeah, called them directly several days ago & after waiting an hour for a tech to finally pick up - they had no clue themselves. Nothing about if they have a starter for a 383 / 440, etc. I'd like to run with DB Electrical, but without more solid info it's a shot in the dark... :scratchchin:

Captain D

Thanks man for the link - I'll check it out!  :cheers:

In the meantime, I had seen this unit from Summit (I wonder if folks here use this. Probably just the same thing, but more $ from Summit):

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-820441