News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Credible engine rebuilders?

Started by lloyd3, August 25, 2021, 07:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

I'm finding myself with a very solid 2002 Isuzu Trooper 4x4 that needs an engine. At 200k miles it's just time. There are several companies listed online in Southern California (AAA Engines, Engine Forge) that mention the engine I'm looking for (3.5 V6) but they are clearly nothing but scammers who supply questionable products (and even rip you off for your core charge).  The biggest one (AAA Engines) has evidently changed it's name several times just to keep one step ahead of the authorities. My options seem fairly limited at the moment. The junkyard engines I'm finding all have way too-many miles and rebuilding this one just seems less attractive. If I was dealing with a domestic vehicle (Ford or Chevy) I'd likely have lots of options. Anybody here know of a credible engine rebuilder for Japanese cars?

moparstuart

I sell used and new engines all day long as my living     the only semi decent reman company out there that used to build those is  https://www.high-performance-engines.com/     not sure thye still have them or not , or if they can build one to order  ,  ALL reman companys charge a hefty core fee as thats the only way they can stay in buisness is to have cores to build.

the only low miles used one im seeing out there is    92  k       AA Auto Parts (520)571-8050    in arizona      give them a try  ?    hope this helps   .  Really that old of vehical your probably better off just buying something newer .

i called another buddy and he said maybe tristate engines in Milwalkee  might reman those also 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lloyd3

Stuart: Thank you for all that! It's the usual equation...money spent for value returned. Sadly, pricing newer 4x4s give me gas pains (lots of $$$ for technology I don't understand nor want).  This unit is still shockingly decent, with new brakes, tires and a new tranny. Everything works, the glass and interior is still very decent and it still looks good.  I've owned several of these so I'm mildly biased in their favor because of their size, fuel efficiency, sure-footedness, and utility. This one is essentially a one-owner car and I'm fortunately aware of it's entire history. If I can fix it for $5-6k and my boy can drive it for another 3 to 6 years then...hooray. Longer would be better, of course, but even 3-years would be a wash.  Local rebuilders can do it for ~$6k w/no need for an additional engine (they just re-do this one) so...I'm sorely tempted.