News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disassembled Superbird on auction

Started by oldcarnut, February 24, 2022, 08:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B54SPEED

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2022, 02:04:20 PM
Why not disclose the amount Paid.  It helps everyone get a feel of what is fair or not.  It's not a house someone can look up and try ugly things to you.

I agree.

HANDM

Because everybody is scared of being judged for paying too much or too little.....

6PakBee

At the risk of sounding repetitive and preachy, the purchaser is a member.  If he wants to post what he paid, that's up to him.  Plain and simple.  If someone has a burning desire to know the purchase price, PM him and ask.   :shruggy:

B54SPEED

He doesn't seem to have a problem telling us everything else about the car
and it was a public  auction  :shruggy:

426HemiChick

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2022, 02:04:20 PM
Why not disclose the amount Paid.  It helps everyone get a feel of what is fair or not.  It's not a house someone can look up and try ugly things to you.

Hi Miss CUDA,                08 April 2022

No one has a "Right" to know anymore than the buyers or sellers care to disclose; it's a personal thing. Like we said in a previous post on this site: "Guessing is more fun than knowing."

QuoteQuote from: Aero426 on 14 July 2021, 08:00:43

It's great to see that the car has landed in the hands of a real enthusiast and not a bargaining chip for a "day trader"

Hi Aero426,              14 July 2021

You are 100% correct. We talked with a goodly number of potential buyers. Money was not our primary goal, the right new parent was. Bob was and is the ideal new parent for his Hemi Daytona and we are grateful for that.

We wanted a reasonable return and we feel we got it. What was it? Guessing is more fun than knowing. Just so everyone knows, Dena, my Partner, was the one who made the decision who would be our Daytona's new parent, and I owe Her for Her wise decision.

Thank you Bob, she looks great and happy. You are the ideal parent for her.

God Bless.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

Hope you or no one else is/are offended as no offense is/was intended.

Please take care young lady.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on April 08, 2022, 07:43:12 PM
Because everybody is scared of being judged for paying too much or too little.....

Hi Frank,               08 April 2022

Recently we went to a sale where the folks were downsizing as they were moving into a smaller home. We paid more than their asking price because we wanted what we bought and know how many folks try to take advantage of the situation and "chisel" on prices.

We are happy and the seller's are happy; a win, win.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: Impkidd on March 05, 2022, 11:00:52 PM
We'll, after 42 years of wanting a Superbird, I bought this one today! So now I can learn every nut and bolt of it to bring it back to its former glory as best that I can. I recently semi-retired and will have more spare time, and I'll need lots of advice as I go. I'll probably start it's own thread asking for your help. Thanks in advance. Rob.

Hi Rob,                   08 April 2022

Congratulations! 42 years is a long wait for your dream to come true, and it did. You are now "Living Your Dream!" God Bless.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

1970Moparmann

Price paid was between $70k and $100k.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70 sublime

A month ago I had a chance at a bird still in one piece but was a little rusty and a couple bumps in it for $90 K but someone beat me to it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

426HemiChick

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 09, 2022, 09:11:10 AM
A month ago I had a chance at a bird still in one piece but was a little rusty and a couple bumps in it for $90 K but someone beat me to it

Hi Sublime,                11 August 2022

Amazing how that works; procrastination will get you most of the time. Been down that road several times. Had I not hesitated I'd have been a millionaire. Some opportunities only present them selves once in a lifetime. Overall, I'm satisfied with how things have turned out. I was too young (28) at the time and would have wasted it and most likely, I'd have ended up in a gutter.

Life is good; Dena and I have each other, our three pups, our three Mopar's and our four Fords.

Never give up.

Best Always

Christine for the 436 Hemi Chicks

Mytur Binsdirti

taxspeaker

I know of one for sale (not mine!) upper 90's pretty rough shape-PM me and I can get you contact info. In Midwest

ACUDANUT

A friend of mine just bought a Hemi Super Bird for 150K

1970Moparmann

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 19, 2022, 09:19:55 AM

What kind of shape is it in?

aerolith

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

1970Moparmann

nascarxx29

This I what I read on FB   70k....sold, no  trunk lip numbers, no fender tag, was a very rusty car at one time. lots of replacement early repro metal was used. numbers motor verified

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 20, 2022, 12:03:12 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 19, 2022, 09:19:55 AM

What kind of shape is it in?

Depends on what your idea of what is a good condition. Looks good, drives good. It's a off white egg shell white in color. No rust. Clean.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Impkidd on March 05, 2022, 11:00:52 PM
We'll, after 42 years of wanting a Superbird, I bought this one today! So now I can learn every nut and bolt of it to bring it back to its former glory as best that I can. I recently semi-retired and will have more spare time, and I'll need lots of advice as I go. I'll probably start it's own thread asking for your help. Thanks in advance. Rob.

Congrats Rob! These things are elusive. Welcome to the club.

Impkidd

Yes, thank you wingcarenvy! Have most of the parts for the car, some items needed. I'll post a list soon on the parts wanted page. The original plan for the car was to have the restoration done locally, by local shops to be involved. A nice driver grade restoration, sort of on a budget. But, it just didn't work out with the shops. Must have been meant to be.
  So, just last week the 'bird was shipped out to Arkansas to get done properly at BR Motorsports. Larry and Brent Roper seem really trustworthy from what we've talked, and I've read on the forum. I was in line to purchase the Black Ice 'bird last year is how I met Larry. A nice person with the knowledge of wing cars to do them right. May as well do it right the first time since it will be a keeper. Probably a once in a lifetime chapter for me. And the car will be driven often locally and road trips when done as like my other cars. Why preserve it for someone else someday... carefully enjoy it now!

moparstuart

Quote from: Impkidd on July 28, 2022, 12:01:26 PM
  Yes, thank you wingcarenvy! Have most of the parts for the car, some items needed. I'll post a list soon on the parts wanted page. The original plan for the car was to have the restoration done locally, by local shops to be involved. A nice driver grade restoration, sort of on a budget. But, it just didn't work out with the shops. Must have been meant to be.
  So, just last week the 'bird was shipped out to Arkansas to get done properly at BR Motorsports. Larry and Brent Roper seem really trustworthy from what we've talked, and I've read on the forum. I was in line to purchase the Black Ice 'bird last year is how I met Larry. A nice person with the knowledge of wing cars to do them right. May as well do it right the first time since it will be a keeper. Probably a once in a lifetime chapter for me. And the car will be driven often locally and road trips when done as like my other cars. Why preserve it for someone else someday... carefully enjoy it now!
Larry's a Great guy  Great choice  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

So Ropers doing it?

If so, good for you.  Hes one of the best imo!

426HemiChick

Hi Rob,              30 July 2022

Congratulations, your dream finally came true.

Best Wishes, best of Luck.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks