News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Brake Line Options

Started by Calif240, August 29, 2021, 08:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys... just finally received my HydroBoost and gonna make a complete re-vamp of my brakes my winter project... It is a '69 Charger.

I have 4-wheel disc brakes, will have a proportioning valve, as well as a line-lock.

Two questions for you guys:

1) Do you recommend Stainless? I think it looks better, but want to be sure it doesn't have any performance issues?

2) Am I better to just bend my own and buy a nice flaring kit, or does anyone you know of offer a good kit knowing I need proportioning valve and line-lock routing?

Thanks fellas!
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

71charger_fan

71charger_fan

Here's one I made for my '55 Plymouth.

Mopar Nut

Remember If you flare your own lines, don't forget the flare nut.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

I went stainless on my 69, but I bought them that way. If you go stainless and bend your own, buy a hydraulic flaring tool.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-hydraulic-flaring-tool.html
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."