News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drip rail moldings

Started by ht4spd307, August 30, 2021, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

Hello guys just wondering if anyone has used the reproduction drip rail moldings i see good mark and amd make them i know automatically i probably should go for the amd made ones but what i found with mopar reproduction stuff not all parts a created equal so any input would be appreciated

ht4spd307

Anyone used the reproduction moldings thanks

doctor4766

I bought a set from Elko in Melbourne years ago.
They are light weight compared to originals and I don't recall the brand but hey, they fit well and still look nice on the car after at least 13-14 years
Gotta love a '69

ht4spd307

Thanks Doc do you have a vinyl top on yours ?

doctor4766

It had vinyl but is no longer on the car
Gotta love a '69

ht4spd307

anyone used the amd drip rail moldings on their car ?

moparfan53

Quote from: ht4spd307 on October 08, 2021, 08:16:13 AM
anyone used the amd drip rail moldings on their car ?

I have not, but a friend has used repro ones. I will see him next week and will ask what brand they were. I do remember him saying how the repros were a tight fit on a vinyl roof car, and loose fit on a non-vinyl car. Chrysler had two separate part numbers depending on the roof. His opinion was that the repro companies went in the middle fit wise to try to have one for both applications.

cdr

I used repro & they suck, very thin,they bend & dent VERY easily & where they connect to the piece that goes around the rear bottom rear window mine got all rippled looking, ok for a driver but not ok for a picky show car person, I would find some good originals, I still have mine but the previous owner bent them all up removing them  , if you want a picture of mine let me know, even with all the other faults my car has my eyes always go straight to the bad area I was talking about
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Basketcase69

Just installed the OEM brand on mine. The fit was good, but you could tell they were just barely more loose than the originals (probably so they would fit a vinyl top car). The end result was perfect though. Betting OEM repackaged the AMD trim here, but could be wrong.

For those who have reported problems, it's important to know that two distinct aftermarket designs are available here......There are manufacturers making this trim in anodized aluminum. The ones you want and the originals are made of stainless steel. Stainless will resist dents much better than aluminum and these things are out there where they're exposed to everything......Choose wisely.

cdr

Quote from: Basketcase69 on October 20, 2021, 12:23:47 PM
Just installed the OEM brand on mine. The fit was good, but you could tell they were just barely more loose than the originals (probably so they would fit a vinyl top car). The end result was perfect though. Betting OEM repackaged the AMD trim here, but could be wrong.

For those who have reported problems, it's important to know that two distinct aftermarket designs are available here......There are manufacturers making this trim in anodized aluminum. The ones you want and the originals are made of stainless steel. Stainless will resist dents much better than aluminum and these things are out there where they're exposed to everything......Choose wisely.

Mine are SSteel very thin
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr