News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Charger Removing temp/heat-defrost control levers at dash to fix

Started by Spartan, September 06, 2021, 07:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Hi everyone,

Need a little advise.  I was redoing the radio and speaker in my 67 Charger and I noticed the cable was sliding a little bit when I moved the temp control up and back. So in my infinite wisdom, I tried to crimp it tighter and the spring clip came off that was holding the cable in place.  Anyone know the best way to get the control lever unit out so I can put the spring clip back in and reinstall? The service manual says to remove the IP… I have the radio out already. I tried to reinstall the spring clip but the controls are in a blind spot and I can’t get any leverage to snap it back on.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  This “couple hr job” has turned into a week long stinker…
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)