News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gap between nose cone, hood and valance for a Daytona

Started by panhead, September 10, 2021, 01:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

Good day folks,

I'm getting ready to repaint the nose cone and my valance very soon.
And I was wondering what the average gap is between the nose cone, hood and valance is.
I don't know why, but 3/4"or 1" is stuck in my brain for some reason.
Any help or guidance on this subject would be gratefully appreciated  :2thumbs:

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

DAY CLONA

As you know Curt, the variances/tolerances are endless in wingcar "uniformity"..... but I generally shoot for a "uniform" 3/4" gap on the Daytona, anything less if using factory style nose seals they start looking like bulging inflated inner tubes with a smaller gap, anything larger than 3/4 up to 1 inch doesn't look good esthetic wise with the rest of the body lines

MikeG

panhead

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 10, 2021, 09:23:43 PM
As you know Curt, the variances/tolerances are endless in wingcar "uniformity"..... but I generally shoot for a "uniform" 3/4" gap on the Daytona, anything less if using factory style nose seals they start looking like bulging inflated inner tubes with a smaller gap, anything larger than 3/4 up to 1 inch doesn't look good esthetic wise with the rest of the body lines

MikeG

Thank you Mike,

I'll go with the 3/4" gap  :2thumbs:

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"