News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock '68 Magnum wheels

Started by SteveA, September 19, 2021, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Hello guys, been lurking for awhile getting an education. Finally bought a '68 RT 4spd to scratch an itch I've had since I was a little boy as my dad bought one new in '68. The car is supposed to be very accurate however the wheels are obviously 15's which I'm good with. Here's my question, over the weekend my buddy purchased a concourse restro'd '69 Mach 1 428 and I'll be damned if we don't have the same wheels. I know that magnum look was very popular back then but was it actually the same wheel designed shared between Ford and Dodge? Or, is it more of the "repop" manufacture just selling everyone the same wheel? Thanks!  Trying to post a pic of the Ford Magnum wheel but having a little trouble.

6bblgt

during the musclecar era, the same company MOTOR WHEEL CORP. made the "MAGNUM 500" style wheels for Chrysler / GM / FoMoCo / AMC / aftermarket (each brand's versions were different)

BOSS 302 & BOSS 429 are the only Mustangs that used 15" wheels 1969-'70

the 15" reproductions may or may not be identical to a particular vintage version

SteveA

John_Kunkel

Mopar called theirs the "Chrome Styled Road Wheel" and they were all 14".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.