News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Order for reinstalling body panels?

Started by BrugeeRT, October 01, 2021, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

So I have a blank slate for putting the body panels back on and am wondering if there is a certain order to go in to make it easier for alignment or if there is a thread already.
I'm guessing to start with the doors and align parellel with the rockers and then build and align off of that. 
Mark

Kern Dog

You stripped the car down and don't know how to put it back together ?  :eek2:
How often do you do things this way? Don't you think it would have been better to ask about this long before disassembly?

hemi-hampton

For me I start with the 1/4's first, then Doors, Then Fenders. you can move around & adjust Doors to 1/4's but you can't really move around & adjust 1/4's. Just make sure 1/4's are welded while car flat on ground on suspension, not all jacked up on car jacks & stands like I see lots of Clowns do, with out subframe connectors, these cars flex & twist way to much. I don't even like doing them on a Rotisserrie with out support between door opening &/or sub frame connectors. Just my :Twocents: I'm sure others opinions will vary. LEON.  :scratchchin: :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Wouldn't you do the trunk floor before the quarters?
There is a 77 year old guy on this forum that took his car apart over 10 years ago and it is still not on the road. I applaud those that want to restore their cars on their own but this is not an easy hobby to jump into. The 77 year old guy never restored anything before and he decided to tear into a car with many one year only parts.
Again, I can understand the desire but one should know their limitations. Putting a car back together that needs fitting and welding is not a simple thing that you can just figure out as you go.....IF you want it to fit and function correctly.

hemi-hampton

Since he said Body Panels & wanted to start with exterior Body Panel, like the Door, I assumed he meant the exterior. SO, My Answer only refers to the Exterior Body Panels.  :shruggy: :slap:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 03, 2021, 10:22:10 PM
Wouldn't you do the trunk floor before the quarters?
There is a 77 year old guy on this forum that took his car apart over 10 years ago and it is still not on the road. I applaud those that want to restore their cars on their own but this is not an easy hobby to jump into. The 77 year old guy never restored anything before and he decided to tear into a car with many one year only parts.
Again, I can understand the desire but one should know their limitations. Putting a car back together that needs fitting and welding is not a simple thing that you can just figure out as you go.....IF you want it to fit and function correctly.

You mean like this? then Yes.

BrugeeRT

Yes, I'm only refering to the quarters, doors, and fenders.  I do realize the trunk floor goes in before the quarters.   Front floor, passenger floor, and transmission crossmember is in.   The car is on a B-body dolly so the weight distribution I would think would be similar to if the wheels were on.
Mark

hemi-hampton

After a few days went by & nobody was answering your Question I figured I would, If I didn't who would?? :shruggy: :shruggy: LEON.