News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Searching for a Wing car

Started by Pinballjim, October 12, 2021, 07:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on March 02, 2022, 08:39:11 AM
That's good logic Aero....    I like your style!!

Hi Jim,               03 March 2022

We only have one Hemi Daytona remaining; it's R4 with a white wing. It's not for sale . . . . at the moment.

We have a 68 RR, 69 SB and a 000003.1 mile 87 Stang Police Car that may be for sale late this year . . . . if the world is still here.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

PS: Enough tease: Our remaining Hemi Daytona is a scale model.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

aerolith

Thats cool hemi Chicks.

I have already owned a 69 sixpack Superbee, so put me down for the hemi Runner please!

I already decided to sell my 69 Charger 500 as 'needs must'.

But I gonna win the lotto this week and buy a dream car!

Its a HEMI Runner lol...

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Pinballjim

I'm watching.  I feel as though it will go too high, but I'm watching.   Thanks for the tip!

Tuco

Quote from: Pinballjim on March 09, 2022, 10:26:47 AM
I'm watching.  I feel as though it will go too high, but I'm watching.   Thanks for the tip!

The last two minutes is when it will spike.  Every bid gets reset to two minutes. I've seen this go on for over an hour.

Good luck!

Sean

I'll jump on this thread too since I'm looking. My budget is $200k.

Pinballjim

Hi folks!

I wish I could be telling everyone here about my recent Superbird purchase but it still hasn't happened.  I was close on a couple but the deals fell through.  Lots of cold feet and I can't say I blame them.  I'm STILL looking for a 440-4/auto but would consider anything available within reason.  I do not want a $250k show poodle, mainly because I cant justify the numbers.   I want to be able to DRIVE it and I can't justify driving a car worth a quarter mil with some kid coming towards me driving an $1800 Subaru on his cell phone not paying attention to what he's doing.  That would NOT end well.

Please keep me in mind if you hear of anything.    Thanks!! 

426HemiChick

Hi Jim,                 21 April 2022

Hope your dream comes true in short order. Keep an eye on the up coming auction at MECAM in May. My guess is the prices are going through the roof due to persistent inflation. The buck isn't worth as much today as it was yesterday. People are buying tangible assets rather than stuff you can't do anything with if the economy tanks. There's just too much uncertainty; there will be winners and losers as usual.

Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

cudavic

Quote from: 426HemiChick on April 21, 2022, 01:02:41 PM
Hi Jim,                 21 April 2022

Hope your dream comes true in short order. Keep an eye on the up coming auction at MECAM in May. My guess is the prices are going through the roof due to persistent inflation. The buck isn't worth as much today as it was yesterday. People are buying tangible assets rather than stuff you can't do anything with if the economy tanks. There's just too much uncertainty; there will be winners and losers as usual.

Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

That is one way of looking at things.

Another way is possibly the current sellers feel that the collector car market has peaked or is actually overvalued and have chosen to liquidate their collection.
The Federal Reserve is in the process of raising interest rates in an attempt to reign in inflation.
I believe they will over do it and put the country into a recession. If this occurs, cash will be king.

Smart money always sells at the top and buys when there is blood in the street.
Many people in this country are over leveraged and cannot make it more than two weeks without a paycheck.
The combination of being over leveraged, combined with higher interest rates is going to be painful for many.

Those that have money will be able to sweep in and pick up bargains whether it be stocks real estate or collectables.
My advice is to be patient and have cash readily available if and when a recession or correction occurs.

Just my two cents. Sincerely Vic

hemi68charger

Quote from: cudavic on April 22, 2022, 07:38:55 AM
Those that have money will be able to sweep in and pick up bargains whether it be stocks real estate or collectables.
My advice is to be patient and have cash readily available if and when a recession or correction occurs.

Just my two cents. Sincerely Vic

I agree... I have had many situations where I needed to sell one of mine to get something else I wanted.. Most times I am very reluctant to sell and give up what I have (bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush). But with that said, it lowers the ability to cease an opportunity that may show itself into the future (near or distant). It is always better to have available funds so one can pounce.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Pinballjim

Troy/Vic.

I just got back from getting a cup of coffee and saw your posts.   Being EARTH day, I took a 1962 Chevy Impala SS 409 convertible (like the song of the same name, it's a 4 speed, dual quad, posi traction) which gets about 7 MPG.   Fossil Fuels are YUMMY!!  For those of you who are not familiar with the 409, they have a cool history as does the Superbird I seek.  Listen to the Beach Boys song.  Much like the Jan and Dean song Little Old Lady from Pasadena, if you listen to the lyrics, it brings chills (at least it does to me....).

We're all on the same page.   I've been saving my pennies and dimes for a LONG time and have come up with a fair pile of cash (real cash, not a check - we've talked about this earlier in this thread).  I'm ready to buy!  I don't have to get permission from my wife or my mommy and daddy or anyone else for that matter.  I thought the right car was within my grasp a couple times (twice to be exact) but the buyers had second thoughts.  I do not fault them in any way.  Letting go is not easy and I totally understand. I still speak with both guys and I'm glad to have met them (both are pretty cool cats).   I'm waiting for the right car to come along.   I'm not looking to screw anyone out of their car.   At the same time, I'm not looking to get screwed by a flipper or an opportunist (ie; the auctions) .  I can assure anyone looking to sell, I am neither a flipper nor an opportunist.  The car, when it comes along, will remain here until I die.  It will more than likely get better care than many people I know. 

Please keep me in mind!  Thanks!  I appreciate it!!

cudavic

Quote from: Pinballjim on April 22, 2022, 08:41:39 AM
Troy/Vic.

I just got back from getting a cup of coffee and saw your posts.   Being EARTH day, I took a 1962 Chevy Impala SS 409 convertible (like the song of the same name, it's a 4 speed, dual quad, posi traction) which gets about 7 MPG.   Fossil Fuels are YUMMY!!  For those of you who are not familiar with the 409, they have a cool history as does the Superbird I seek.  Listen to the Beach Boys song.  Much like the Jan and Dean song Little Old Lady from Pasadena, if you listen to the lyrics, it brings chills (at least it does to me....).

We're all on the same page.   I've been saving my pennies and dimes for a LONG time and have come up with a fair pile of cash (real cash, not a check - we've talked about this earlier in this thread).  I'm ready to buy!  I don't have to get permission from my wife or my mommy and daddy or anyone else for that matter.  I thought the right car was within my grasp a couple times (twice to be exact) but the buyers had second thoughts.  I do not fault them in any way.  Letting go is not easy and I totally understand. I still speak with both guys and I'm glad to have met them (both are pretty cool cats).   I'm waiting for the right car to come along.   I'm not looking to screw anyone out of their car.   At the same time, I'm not looking to get screwed by a flipper or an opportunist (ie; the auctions) .  I can assure anyone looking to sell, I am neither a flipper nor an opportunist.  The car, when it comes along, will remain here until I die.  It will more than likely get better care than many people I know. 

Please keep me in mind!  Thanks!  I appreciate it!!

I am positive you will find the right one it is just a matter of time and patience.
Oh yes and money. LOL

aerolith

I remember in the early 90's all was good in my life!

Then the recession hit and I ended up losing everything.

But in 2021, I do have a 1969 Charger 500, that the 'new (best) wife' says I can keep even though we are 'totally broke' after Covid!

Life is so cruel in many ways.

Keep looking Jim, they are out there and sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees...

No faking it though! :slap: :slap: :slap:

Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Pinballjim

Hi All!!  Patience is NOT one of my better qualities. HOWEVER -  my search for a wing car has taught me that being patient is a necessity especially in the case of "bird hunting".  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  I am happy to report that I have found and purchased a Superbird that was not being advertised to the masses.  It's WAY more car than I thought I'd ever be able to own but it's now here in my garage.  I do not feel comfortable discussing the exact details of this purchase but I wanted everyone who has been VERY helpful throughout my search with advice, tips and suggestions to know that my search is over.   If I can offer any help to anyone else looking for a bird, please feel free to contact me.   Truly a dream come true.  Thanks to everyone who has helped!!

Impkidd

Congrats on your find after all of these years! That will be cool to take it to its first cruise-in with you behind the wheel.  Allow room for that long nose with the parking curbs. At least you get to drive your car,  as mine is still in the resto mode. We'll get together when it's done.

70 sublime

Congrats on your purchase
I was following along on how you were doing thinking one day I might get that far myself

Can you say how far away you had to go to get it home ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Pinballjim

As it turned out, the owner was headed in my direction to buy another car so he threw it in his trailer (and by "threw", I mean very carefully placed) and delivered it to me.   Kinda hit two birds with one stone in that regard.   It all worked out really well!!  I'm taking it to a local show today at noon.   Inevitably,  someone will ask me how long I've had it.  I think it's going to be funny to tell them "About 21 hours"..... 

Dave Kanofsky

Congrat's!   :cheers:

Now we need pics!  :yesnod:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Pinballjim on October 22, 2022, 04:42:22 AM
  I do not feel comfortable discussing the exact details of this purchase 

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on October 22, 2022, 04:42:22 AM
Hi All!!  Patience is NOT one of my better qualities. HOWEVER -  my search for a wing car has taught me that being patient is a necessity especially in the case of "bird hunting".  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  I am happy to report that I have found and purchased a Superbird that was not being advertised to the masses.  It's WAY more car than I thought I'd ever be able to own but it's now here in my garage.  I do not feel comfortable discussing the exact details of this purchase but I wanted everyone who has been VERY helpful throughout my search with advice, tips and suggestions to know that my search is over.   If I can offer any help to anyone else looking for a bird, please feel free to contact me.   Truly a dream come true.  Thanks to everyone who has helped!!

Hi Jim,                 22 October 2022

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the Wing Car Family.

OK amigo, we have stuck by you since you first posted 12 October 2021. How about a few photos of your dream "Came True" machine and a few details of the Bird itself.

You owe no one $$$ details of your transaction, who you purchased it from or where you found it. That all is between You, and the Seller. The $$$ amount is the province of the TAX Assessor and Collector and the amount they extract from you. Hate those last two Vultures. Don't know which are the "Worser", Flippers or Vultures. The latter Takes, gives nothing in return.

Enjoy your new ride.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Pinballjim

OK, here's the problem.   Simply put, I don't know how to post pictures.  There.  I said it.  I'm not too computer savvy.  I'm trying to figure it out.   I can say this: It's numbers matching with a build sheet.  It's a U code/automatic car and it's pretty cool.  At some point, I'll figure this tech thing out.....

Repsol17

Congratulation Pinball,   Happy to hear the good news as I resonated with this thread in many ways.  We're same age (I'm 1 yr older),  a semi-new owner as well (3 years ago) and was my Dream car since building the Jo-Han Richard Petty Superbird model in 1970 at the ripe age of 6  :icon_smile_big:  and I still have that model today !
1970 Bird 440-4 bl Sublime green