News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RedLine Performance Coolant:

Started by Captain D, October 12, 2021, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

I realize that I'm getting ahead of myself (only October & a long way to go before spring, lol), but just curious if anyone here is running the RedLine super coolant 50/50 pre-mix performance. If so, your pros / cons, etc. vs. the bottle additives would be greatly appreciated. *If* I do decide to run with it in the spring, mine takes a gallon & a half to refill once the radiator is drained.

Link:
https://www.redlineoil.com/supercool-performance

b5blue

Captain D

Thanks for your reply!

I've been reading about the Evans and some folks noted to be careful w/ this brand on account of it negatively affecting aluminum head gaskets. So, I just didn't know if the Red Line would have the same effect or not too... :scratchchin:

b5blue

Captain D

I called Red Line and they said that, yes the Evans can be hard on aluminum heads, cause an actual increase in temp, etc. because of not using any water. However, the Red Line in the link above is pre-mixed 50/50 and everything should be good to go w/ no foreseeable problems. And, it'll help with heat transfer. Since I'm unable to run an electric fan, I'm always looking for tips to try and help keep things cool (nothing is wrong w/ my set-up - just keeping an eye out for subtle ways to help keep things cooler when possible at long red lights, etc.). Red Line also indicated that the only other way would be to reduce the amount of anti-freeze w/ more water, such as using a 60/40, 70/30 and so on which I'll have to look into further because I don't know much about that area.

Anyhow, just thought I'd post and if it helps other folks here too...

c00nhunterjoe

Tried evans in the all aluminum 572 and hated it. Tried multiple ways and never worked. Ran hot, temps fluctuated. Went back to straight water.