News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

insulation material under intake manifold and above gasket pan

Started by Freoway, October 15, 2021, 01:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freoway

Hi, Just removed my cast iron intake manifold.  Probably never been off before.  Between the intake and the gasket pan, there was a thick piece of foil covered insulation material (possibly a glass wool of some kind).   Is this factory?   Can it still be purchased?

Gold Rush

Yes it is original and still available.  A few years ago I rebuilt my 400 CID engine and replaced the insulation.  I've searched my records and can't find the source though.  Sorry..  ;D
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

John_Kunkel

It's not insulation, it's a silencer.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Freoway

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll run the car without it and see how it sounds before chasing any up.

Back N Black

kilrbee

Does anyone know if a 69 Charger R/T with a 440 and A/C and the N97 noise reduction package would have used this silencer material under the intake?? TIA!

John_Kunkel

Yes, all '69 383's and 440's got the silencer regardless of any other packages.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.