News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing paint color on a car that you already restored ?

Started by Kern Dog, May 20, 2016, 08:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az69b5charger

My 69 is an original B5 car. I just repainted it last summer. I wish I would have done it red, or F5, or V2

1969 Charger
Factory B5, 440, Automatic

2000 Dakota R/T CC (daily driver)

charge69

Your Charger looks amazing !!  I cannot imagine why you would want to change it.

Kern Dog

Not sure if you are referring to the Blue 69 or to me.
Mine was F8 with a white vinyl top. Going back to stock was never considered.
I have always liked B 5 Blue. To me, it is flashy without looking like an attention junkie that my Red car seems to be. Blue seems to be timeless as far as its appeal. I do not care what a color change does as far as affecting the value. I have wanted this car since the mid 80s so I have zero emotional or financial reason to sell it. I want the car to reflect what I desire.
I am anxious to make this change. The construction company that I work for seems to only get jobs 90 miles or further from my home. It makes it difficult to be motivated to work on the car after a 2 to 2 1/2 hour commute home!   :brickwall:

ACUDANUT

I believe he is talking about the Blue Charger. Awesome looking car. I would ditch the hub caps though and
get a Set of Cragar SS.  That's my worthless opinion of the day. Cheers.  :cheers:
Kern, Save your money. Red is always a great color.  :Twocents:

b5blue

I friggin hate commuting! A 50 mile round trip into Tampa and back cost 3 hours of driving rush hour traffic. Kern you have no time for the car in that situation.  :rotz: 

Kern Dog

The idea of changing color still appeals to me but.....
I have actually also considered staying with red, with a twist. I REALLY like the pearl-like red on the newer Challengers. A friend has a 2013 in Redline Pearl. With that, I could leave the hidden areas alone, as is. Door jambs, under hood, inside trunk, underbody, etc.

Kern Dog

I wish that I could show a clear picture in direct sunlight. The car looks red in most instances but as you get closer, you can see the fine grain metallic/pearl in the paint.

Ch Red.jpg

Cha red.jpg 

Back N Black

Quote from: b5blue on July 01, 2016, 02:59:17 PM
I friggin hate commuting! A 50 mile round trip into Tampa and back cost 3 hours of driving rush hour traffic. Kern you have no time for the car in that situation.  :rotz: 

I'm only 3 miles from work.  :pity:  :cheers:

Kern Dog

That would be GREAT !
Since January 2nd this year I've been driving 215 miles a day round trip. This will be the LAST long commute I'll ever work.
The money is NOT worth it. I'm only doing this to work through to my 30 year mark. I have 8 months left so I'll be looking for closer work to get to the end of the line.

chargervert

If I were you, I would leave the red Charger alone,and paint the other 70 Charger that you are going to build whatever color you decide you want.  If you tear the red car down to repaint it you will be without your car,and have two Chargers in pieces. I would build the other car,and when that one is done, if you still want to change the color on the red Charger, then you can do that while driving the other Charger.

john108

Greg
Your RED Charger looks GREAT. The old saying that I remember is:
" IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"
When I find that I can't remember where I parked my car in a large parking lot, All cars blend together, but RED stands out.

JB400

Decided what scheme you're going with on the new car yet?

Kern Dog

Yeah.....
Jigsaw will eventually be B-5 Blue. That is the way I am thinking lately.

ACUDANUT